Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dream Station Questions
New Dream Station Questions
Five nights now on the new Dream Station after three years on an S9.So much data. I got my first OSA last night and felt crappy in the morning. Also, I've been averaging 10 - 15 hypo apneas per night.

Is This normal?

Pressures are 5-18 and I'm thinking maybe 5 is a little low.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Dream Station Questions
Hi Zeeez,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might consider raising your minimum pressure up a bit, hang in there for more suggestions.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Trish.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with a similar set of numbers with ahi between 5-7. Noticed my 90% number was 9.5 so I raised my low number up to 8 and dropped my ahi down to under 1 within a night or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
We should have a new Sleepyhead version soon. Zeeze, you need to increase your minimum pressure, but can you first tell me what your average and 90% pressure is so far?

BTW, here is what the Dreamstation looks like in Sleepyhead Beta so far...you don't have long to wait.

[Image: cOw547dl.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
90% is 8.1

AHI 1.5

Need another beta tester ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2016, 09:55 AM)Zeeez Wrote: 90% is 8.1

AHI 1.5

Need another beta tester ?

With 90% at 8.1, I suggest setting the minimum to 7.
Also, make sure that you enabled machine start at 90% pressure.

A side note; Resmed and Respironics score events differently.

A question: Earlier you wrote "I got my first OSA last night ". First OSA? What type of events you had before?
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the Dream Mapper software (5 days now) I have been getting 10 - 15 hypo apneas per night. The past two nights there was 1 obstructive sleep apnea per night. Thus, I'm looking into bumping up the base pressure.

I think it starts at the base setting unless you push the ramp button. Not sure about autostart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Me too...need another Beta Tester? I would love to help!

Also, they say that the "tank" is dishwasher safe on the top shelf. Great, but it fills with water no matter how it is placed. Is this tank supposed to come apart? I do not want to force it at the seam and break it. Even when I wash by hand it is impossible to dry!

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2016, 10:14 AM)Zeeez Wrote: On the Dream Mapper software (5 days now) I have been getting 10 - 15 hypo apneas per night. The past two nights there was 1 obstructive sleep apnea per night. Thus, I'm looking into bumping up the base pressure.

I think it starts at the base setting unless you push the ramp button. Not sure about autostart.

Do you have clinician set-up manual? If not, get it (see http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-Pressure )
and turn the OptiStart to ON - it starts the therapy at close to 90% pressure of the previous session.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 5 130 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 138 4 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 144 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 243 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 351 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 306 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,000 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.