Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dream Station Questions
RE: New Dream Station Questions
(02-27-2016, 02:56 PM)Tinkerbell Wrote: Me too...need another Beta Tester? I would love to help!

Also, they say that the "tank" is dishwasher safe on the top shelf. Great, but it fills with water no matter how it is placed. Is this tank supposed to come apart? I do not want to force it at the seam and break it. Even when I wash by hand it is impossible to dry!

"dishwasher safe" does not mean that the dishwasher will clean it well...
Short of breaking it, the tank does not come apart.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still in need of BiPAP data for Sleepyhead, so I think the contributions we got from the forum helped put us over the top for most of the parsing that needed to be done on the Auto and CPAP Dreamstation. I'll post if there is a need for more data. We had four good data sets submitted, with one up to 6-months.

We're covering a lot of ground here. Zeeez is correct that he needs a higher minimum pressure. With a 90% pressure at 8.0, 6.5 - 7.0 should help quite a bit to reduce the hypopnea. Overall, your results are very good.

I don't put humidifier parts in the dishwasher. A good rinse is fine. I use a sanitizer made for commercial kitchens and breweries called Star San. It only takes 2 cc to make a quart of solution which I keep in a spray bottle. This is an odorless, tasteless acid sanitizer that prevents microbial development on surfaces like the humidifier tank and hose. It even helps keep mineral deposits in control. Spray and drip-dry.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great. I guess it does not come apart. I will look into the Star San. Also was on #sleepyhead IRC and even had Mark on there! I guess things are going well and will be released Soon Only Not Yet...OH wait that is SONY! :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2016, 02:56 PM)Tinkerbell Wrote: Me too...need another Beta Tester? I would love to help!

Also, they say that the "tank" is dishwasher safe on the top shelf. Great, but it fills with water no matter how it is placed. Is this tank supposed to come apart? I do not want to force it at the seam and break it. Even when I wash by hand it is impossible to dry!

Tbell, what machine model are you using? We still need the CPAP and of course any bilevel data is gold. I think the auto CPAP is all sorted out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2016, 08:43 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:

Tbell, what machine model are you using? We still need the CPAP and of course any bilevel data is gold. I think the auto CPAP is all sorted out.

Yeah, ours is the AUTO. Sorry Also, I see on the site for Star San they do not suggest using it on plastic or rubber seals so is it ok if it is just soaked a few minutes?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just spray it in the humidifier chamber and let it drip dry. So it doesn't contact the seals. I have been using it in CPAP hoses and again, no issues. It sure beats using stinky vinegar or chlorine disinfectants for safety and odor!

I have never seen that particular warning and never had a problem. The undiluted product comes in a HDPE (plastic) bottle. The dilution is 1.5 cc per 32 oz quart bottle, or 1-oz per gallon. With such high dilution, there is no affect on skin or on any surface I have used it on. I mix 5-gallon batches for disinfecting glassware prior to bottling or kegging, so my hands and arms get immersed in the diluted solution.

If you get it, it's excellent for disinfecting cutting boards, counters and refrigerator interiors, all of which are pretty nasty surfaces for bacteria. If you're not brewing and mixing up 5-gallon pails, it will last a lifetime.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You...this seems like a great product! Do you get it mail-order? I wonder if it is available here in Oregon? I will search.
Post Reply Post Reply
sleeprider...last question...how do you get it into a 6 foot hose just by spraying, or am I missing something here? Looks like Amazon has an 8oz bottle for about $11 shipped. Not sure what the dual bottle openings are for.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the manual link. OptiStart is a good recommend too. I set the pressure up from 5 to 7 and will give it some time to see an average result.

(02-27-2016, 06:40 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote:
(02-27-2016, 10:14 AM)Zeeez Wrote: On the Dream Mapper software (5 days now) I have been getting 10 - 15 hypo apneas per night. The past two nights there was 1 obstructive sleep apnea per night. Thus, I'm looking into bumping up the base pressure.

I think it starts at the base setting unless you push the ramp button. Not sure about autostart.

Do you have clinician set-up manual? If not, get it
and turn the OptiStart to ON - it starts the therapy at close to 90% pressure of the previous session.

Post Reply Post Reply
Star San MUST be diluted. It only takes 1.5 cc of concentrate to make a quart. Get a good quality spray bottle some place like home depot, fill it with water, and add 1.5 cc (1/4 teaspoon) of concentrate. Mix well.

Hold the hose with both ends in one hand and spray into the hose to create a small pool of solution, then close both ends with your thumbs and alternately lift each end to soak the inside. Hang to drain (no need to rinse). Use the spray bottle to coat the humidifier tray to runoff, turn it upside down and leave it to drain and dry (no need to rinse). You can do the same with the mask frame and hose, but I don't use it on the pillows, and just wash those.

Dual openings on the bottle are for larger users who use pump dispensers. Just use the small opening, or use a syringe to extract and measure. I think you'll end up using this for things in addition to the CPAP. It drains without spots on glasses, and leave surfaces with a pH that does not support bacterial growth. Avoid letting it sit on marble.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 159 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,595 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.