Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dream Station
New Dream Station
Mizz Cracker's new nosey arrived here safe n' sound yesterday afternoon....

It's a Dream Station Auto with heated humidifier reservoir & heated hose option.  I'll be going through the setup for a first trial run tomorrow night.  She wanted to wait 'till the coming weekend to start, so by next Monday, she'll be well rested and ready for her day/week at the office.

My first dumb question:  The size of the heated hose being a bit smaller than the standard unheated....Will I have to make any adjustments on her current pressure settings, or will the machine do that on its own?  

The vendor that I bought it from said that when we finally get our winter behind us and the heated hose option is no longer necessary, that I can simply switch back to a standard hose for her if I wish.  I think  our winter has already pretty much gone...we have been tying and setting record highs in the 80's for the several days.... It made 88f  briefly on our back porch yesterday.  It's hard to live with, but somebody's gotta do it! 

Thanks, FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Dream Station
There should be no need to adjust pressure settings when changing from a regular hose to a heated hose.  Just plug the heated hose in the machine.  The Cpap knows it’s a heated hose and will adjust for the size.

You only need to set your heated hose from a setting of 1-5, or off.  I personally would set it to 1, since your are in Florida. Rolleyes  Is there a “winter” there??   Smile
Also, set your humidifier according to your needs.  

I keep my heated hose in year around. In NE Ohio (where there is a real winter), I may have the hose setting at 2 or 3. In the summer, I leave the heated hose in, but set it to 1, because I don’t like cold air blowing at me.

You can also revert back to using the regular hose if you want.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Miss OpalRose...

Yes ma'am...there are 'occasional' pretty chilly 'winter' cold snaps down here....Anyone that says it doesn't ever get cold in FL, just hasn't spent any real time here.

About 3 weeks back, we were waking up for several days to mid and high 30's & low 40's all over the Tampa Bay area...We have a LP gas-log 'fireplace' that we use for such times...  But, as I'm very paranoid about sleeping in the house with it running, it most always gets turned off before we crash for the night.  The fireplace keeps the house toasty warm when running during the day, and the heater in the waterbed keeps us nice and warm on those cold nights...but the air temp in the BR can drop considerably before wakeup...That's the reason I insisted on a heated hose option for her new one.  I believe that it will help even more for her to get a restful nights sleep.

Just before I started this reply, I checked and we have 86.2f on the back porch right now.... LUV IT!!!  Used a/c yesterday afternoon, and it's on again right now.  But the cooler temps will no doubt drop in on us again before it finally pretty much starts 'summer' around late March early April.

I'm familiar with your part of the world....even lived for almost a year in the far NE corner of IN...made it through one winter.  That's all I needed to know that this ol' Southern Man, just ain't well suited to that kind of climate. 

Thanks much again for your comeback to my question.

Best Wishes, FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
FLcracker, I have the older version of the Dream Station. I use humidity all winter in Oregon (the wet side of the state) on 2 or 3 for the hose--if my nose gets cold I turn it up--too hot, down. In the summer I shut the humidifier temp off as well as the hose temp and just use by-pass humidification. My PR 560 machine is a little noisy without the humidifier being hooked up and I find the heated hose, although off, is much more flexible also. Best of luck with your new "toy!"
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2019, 06:26 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: FLcracker, I have the older version of the Dream Station.  I use humidity all winter in Oregon (the wet side of the state) on 2 or 3 for the hose--if my nose gets cold I turn it up--too hot, down.  In the summer I shut the humidifier temp off as well as the hose temp and just use by-pass humidification.  My PR 560 machine is a little noisy without the humidifier being hooked up and I find the heated hose, although off, is much more flexible also.  Best of luck with your new "toy!"

Thank you Sir!  I also lived and worked (log trucker) in Douglas Co for about 7 years.... So I'm well aware of OR 'humidity'... My home was an 80 acre 'ranch' on Upper Cow Creek, PO Box was Azalea Or.  

We won't likely be using the heating capability that much of the year, but it I believe it really will help her sleep better on our sometimes cold times down here.  She's pulling consistent AHI's of 2 to 3, which I'm very grateful for, considering her 50's and 60's when we first started.  I've been real happy with the old machine, I firmly believe she'd not still be here, if not for it.  She's a good 'patient' ... 100% compliant , and I just thought it was a good time to retire it, and get this new one before any troubles set in.

That cpap, and help supplied from all the good folks on this board, without whom no doubt, I could have never gotten her the help she so badly needed.

Take care, stay warm, well, and DRY!

FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
Oooopps!!!  What I meant to say up there was ... "Thank you Ma'am!" [Image: ohmy.gif]

I need to read the vitals closer on the left before I ever send a post-back again. Then I'll not make that mistake again!! 

Hope you'll forgive my ignorance.

Best Wishes, FLc
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 437 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
  Duration Resmed battery Power Station II Asjb 2 731 03-20-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Asjb
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 761 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 856 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,772 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.