Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New DreamStation 2
RE: New DreamStation 2
(04-27-2021, 05:39 PM)blizardj Wrote: I got my Dream Station 2 yesterday.  Oscar doesn't recognize it.

OSCAR does not currently support the DreamStation 2 and will not for a while -- Philips change the data structures on the SD card and it will be a while before we get the new data structure figured out.

After you have used the machine for a few days, could you make a zip of your SD card and upload it to my Dropbox folder so we have another sample of Dreamstation 2 data to look at?

Thanks.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious to know if the humidifier tub is larger than for the original DreamStation. I'm so sick of waking up to burnt popcorn smell on mornings I'm wishing to sleep in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been in touch with Gideon.  He squared me away.  Thanks for the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DS 2 supposedly has the same size humidifier tank as the DS 1  325 ml.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2021, 08:30 PM)blizardj Wrote: The DS 2 supposedly has the same size humidifier tank as the DS 1  325 ml.

John

Ah, ok.  Bummer for those of us who are in very arid climates.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night, day one on this machine, my humidifier tank wasn't empty this morning.  But it was set on #3.  I upped it to #5, so I'll see what it is tomorrow.  I also run a cool mist humidifier right next to the CPAP machine.  The amount of water used in the tank is dependent on the volume of air going across the water.  So, the higher the pressure, the higher the air flow, the more water used.  Also, the amount of mask leaks has a great deal of influence on water usage.  Presently, I'm running only 10 cm/h2o, so pretty low pressure.  This is a new machine and new sleep doctor, so I'm keeping hands off for 30 or so days to give the new guy a chance.  But...  in my old life, I would restrict some of the mask leaks to reduce air over the water.  You must not get carried away with reducing the leaks as the leaks are there to clear exhausted breath.  i.e. C02

John

P.S. Las Vegas, NV here, so I'm used to arid.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point about leaks.

I think my problem is that my husband keeps the room cold, which affects my air needing to be warmer. I don't know how those sorts of thermo-physics work. But I do know that when I lived in a humid climate, using these same settings, the water in my tank lasted 3 nights, and now (in an arid climate, not even as bad as Las Vegas) it doesn't even last 8.5 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2021, 12:54 AM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 12:15 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: I couldn't tell from a quick glance what was "Advanced" about the 520 over the 510. Maybe someone else can scour the FCC user manuals and spot the different?

Looks like the 510 is CPAP and the 520 is APAP.

From this FDA filing it looks like the non-advanced drops some of the comfort features as well as auto-trial and CPAP-check.

It looks like 410 and 420 are the CPAP, and 510 and 520 are APAP. So far I've only seen the 520 for sale.
Post Reply Post Reply
How’s noise compared to Dream Station 1 and Resmed?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is one first-hand review of the Dreamstation 2 in the Reviews forum http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...anced-Auto That review is very negative and the machine purchased through Supplier #1 is apparently being replaced by Philips.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,533 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,303 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.