Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dreamstation Auto & Amara View mask
Hi everyone ,
I am new to this board and I just got a new dreamstation auto and Amara View FFM (its really a hybrid) from my DME. I'm on Medicare so I am happy with my new machine
With the exception of software the dreamstation is great, heated humidifier and hose, nice quiet machine.
The Amara view mask is basically a dremwear nasal pillow with a mouthpiece attached.
I cant get it to seal, but I think it might be a good mask for someone with lower pressure. My pressure is 15 and my machine is set up as a CPAP not on auto.
I'm calling DME today and trading it for resmed f10.
Last night I used my old swift II and my AHI was about 10.
I'm told I chipmunk cheek when I hit REM so had large leakage number
I'm getting an Airfit p10 today and will work on mouthleak problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Sounds like your an "old hand" at this.
Stick around and share your progress.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum rmeegan2! Glad you found us! You will likely be able to share your many years of experience and be able to help others along the way!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi rmeegan2,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and hopefully, you will find a mask that works well for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Amara View Ed1101 17 1,870 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: NadiaK
  Noisy DreamStation BandMom 35 10,008 04-27-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: tonylkc1668
  Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10 scottlink96 50 8,345 04-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Last Post: tonylkc1668
  New and need advice about Amara View NadiaK 4 126 04-26-2017, 10:22 PM
  Dreamstation SD Card FlyinV 3 108 04-26-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: FlyinV
Question [Symptoms] The tip of my nose is sensitive using the Amara View mask Rousseau21 22 3,403 04-26-2017, 11:01 AM
  Clinical setup Manual for Dreamstation DSX500H11 Harryblue7 2 110 04-25-2017, 04:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred