Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dreamstation Auto Bipap - lost on support settings
RE: New Dreamstation Auto Bipap - lost on support settings
Well, before we close this out, let's take an up-close look at some of the events from those old charts. 2-3 minute zoomed images of the flow rate will show the respiratory flow during those events. The CPAP data is real, and the pauses in breathing happened.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get that.. Now, we have to wait a month to be told she's magically been cured. If she has been, then the data so many are relying on from their machines is bogus. I find either of those options extremely hard to believe. Of course, other than giving her instructions, the only other words the technician could say were "your doctor will follow up with you"
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry but someone has been smoking crack, tech sees no events, stage 2 "titration" but no mask? Bogus, incompetent or medical negligence. Me would be irate and firing people.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes you wonder if they were watching the wrong channel, and the observations applied to someone else.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We're going to do the same settings as Thursday night.  Giving that a try with the collar tonight. I can't guarantee she'll keep it on, but if I understand this, if we get a couple of hours it will get her past the time she regularly has the biggest problem. Any increase in airflow is good. Now that I know the fight we are in for, I'll just keep going. 

Doc could always call them on it and make them get it right. Rolleyes 

We'll see.  It will be interesting to see what her oxygen levels were without pap of any kind. Will chase down the preliminary report.  If that's all there is, that may be in there.

Thanks again for the help
Post Reply Post Reply
Sincerely best wishes for your success. You may need to shop docs and techs for studies, because there's absolutely no way I'd accept this treatment. This tech must be related to that doc that talked with me last month that believed I've no apnea or COPD that I've had a running diagnosis for 3 plus years.

PS agreed there's no way that tech was tuned into the right bat channel.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Two nights at same settings. 1-23 was the first try with the collar. Not bad for a back sleeper. She did take the collar off at 5:15. It looks pretty clear to me.

She doesn't report feeling any differently this morning. She might not feel it, but I'm sure her system enjoyed those first 6 hours.

Sent the same one twice.  Here's last night

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty dramatic improvement with the collar. How was comfort? Any complaints? Most important, look at the improvement in tidal volume and minute vent. This is more ventilation!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
She only took it off after her break at 5:15. No change in how she feels.  I bet if she can string a few nights together like that she'll notice.
Post Reply Post Reply
We can see the only apnea events were after she removed the collar, and the pressure really took off to the maximum, after being at the minimum all night. It makes a huge difference in many ways. I still can't figure out that sleep test.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 195 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 271 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,332 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 251 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 511 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.