Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dreamwear Gel Pillows Mask
RE: New Dreamwear Gel Pillows Mask
You already have 90% of the mask. It's dreamwear with a pillows cushion instead of nasal cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2017, 10:06 PM)C0mbe Wrote: You already have 90% of the mask.  It's dreamwear with a pillows cushion instead of nasal cushion.

Oh. No kidding?  That's cool. 

... or maybe not cool. The thing I don't like about pillows is they go up my nostril... but the P10 is winning me over for the quietness, which I've surmised is due to the lack of 2 windtunnels going up my cheeks to the hose on my head (Dreamwear).

So if Dreamwear's pillows still use the windtunnels up the cheeks (which I guess makes sense, because how else do you get the hose on the head to connect to your nose without going in front of your face?)... then I have to wonder how quiet it is.

And I don't personally have 90% of the mask, because the parts have all stretched out a bit and aren't fitting me well... so I need to get new ones anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered from a US CPAP company as they apparently haven't landed in Australia yet. I didn't have any issues with the pillows in my first ever mask but having the hose too near to my body wasn't that great. It's possible that Philips have scooped the pool with this little modification.
Post Reply Post Reply
The one thing that I have continuously heard (no pun intended) is that the Dreamwear Mask is somewhat noisey. With having the air supply route running in areas so close to the ears and surround bone masses would be susceptible to pick up noise from vibrations and the movement of air flow. This would be a deal breaker for me. Could someone elaborate on the noise issue? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It's slightly less noisy than the regular cushion. No change in the noise running down the side of the head, but it's a little less noisy due to the better seal around the nostrils. Exhaust ports are still the same as the nasal cushion.

It's loud compared to the p10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2017, 06:49 AM)silversnore Wrote: The one thing that I have continuously heard (no pun intended) is that the Dreamwear Mask is somewhat noisey.  With having the air supply route running in areas so close to the ears and surround bone masses would be susceptible to pick up noise from vibrations and the movement of air flow.  This would be a deal breaker for me.  Could someone elaborate on the noise issue?  Thanks

I've always used a P10, so I guess I am somewhat spoiled.  

When I tried the DreamWare mask, the noise difference was noticeable compared to the P10.

The side tubes were uncomfortable when sleeping on my side.  The air flow would diminish on the side I was laying on, and then the air flow seemed to increase on the other side, which made it too noisy.

I also noticed the venting on top of my head, which I noticed and felt.  Sad

Then there was the problem that side sleeping moved the mask too much and caused leaks.

I am intrigued with the DreamWare offering pillows, but I think the noise level would be the same.

The one positive I can see is that the nasal pillows would stabilize the mask when laying on your side.  

Since I already have the DreamWare mask, I may just order a pillow and try it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2017, 07:22 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The one positive I can see is that the nasal pillows would stabilize the mask when laying on your side.  

This is very true.  I'm a side-sleeper and had issues with the nasal cushion.  The pillows are night and day different for side-sleeping.  I don't think there are any seal issues at all. 

Of course, my wife woke up and said "put the quiet mask back on," so I may be going back to the p10s!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2017, 09:02 AM)C0mbe Wrote: Of course, my wife woke up and said "put the quiet mask back on," so I may be going back to the p10s!

Bwahahahaha!  I love that!
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the p10 for a little while, then I found the Dreamwear and never came back to the P10.

Whatever I used (Lanolin, Coco), the P10 would burn my nostrils. Also, it's much more annoying to wear with the hose in front.

I am mostly a back sleeper, but the mask does not shift when I move to the side. The hose on top is so much easier.

As for the noise, I use earplugs, so neither mask makes any real noise. As I mentioned earlier, I will get the new pillow, but I am perfectly satisfied with the old DW pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be interested to hear a comparison with the Nuance Pro.
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,757 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 395 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.