Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dreamwear Gel Pillows Mask
(05-15-2017, 01:00 PM)Solipsiste Wrote: Dan,

I could not use the P10 long term because of the burning sensation in my nostrils. Is the new DW cushion getting inside the nostrils like the P10's prongs?

Hi,

It is not really a new "cushion" (that would be the regular DW), it is more like they took the Nuance pillows and adapted them to fit the DW as an option.   So now a DW user can choose between the regular cushion and the pillows (and yes the pillows intrude a bit into the nostrils, similar to the P10).

If the P10 pillows didn't work for you then the new DW pillows will probably not work for you either.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a product called Lansinoh, it is a HPA 100% lanolin. I used it with the P10 as have many members on the forum for similar problems that you are having. It helps sooth irritation, etc that is caused by the pillows. It has worked well for countless numbers using nasal masks. If you like the P10 and want to continue, try the lanolin. Note that Vaseline or other petroleum products will attack the silicone in the pillows and should not be used.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using the Gel pillows and have had a 100% seal every night.
No issues for me. I fall asleep easily and the sound is soothing.
And side sleeping is not only possible, but still a perfect seal for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

I have been using it too, for a few months now, but I still use the older type of cushion most of the time.
The seal is better, actually the best seal I have seen from any pillows mask (since it really becomes a pillows mask with this).
The prongs are not too uncomfortable and are less disruptive of sleep, for me, compared to some other masks I've tried, like the P10 (I have sensitive nostrils).

Still, since I am a back sleeper, there is no reason for me, usually, to trade comfort for seal. I get no leak with the older cushion on my back and no prongs at all will always be more comfortable than prongs... I will use the new cushion when I want to sleep on the side.

Question: anyone knows what the intentions of Philips are concerning the older cushions? Are the new one meant to replace them entirely? That would be dramatic for me...
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW, Amazon sell the additional Dreamwear pillows for less than $30. I only found out after ordering at $42 one from a different merchant in Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Dreamwear without the Nasal Pillows initially but it was a nightmare with lots of leaks. Hopefully the new pillows I ordered will solve this. On Nuance Pro now and its good.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-11-2017, 06:49 AM)silversnore Wrote: The one thing that I have continuously heard (no pun intended) is that the Dreamwear Mask is somewhat noisey.  With having the air supply route running in areas so close to the ears and surround bone masses would be susceptible to pick up noise from vibrations and the movement of air flow.  This would be a deal breaker for me.  Could someone elaborate on the noise issue?  Thanks

Hi, I also found the original Dreamwear (I got in March of this year) a bit noisy and worse when on my side.  Mostly the sound of my own breathing amplified by the design.  However, this mask still worked best for me despite trying several others.  I just got a replacement Dreamweaver from my DME. Although I have seen nothing about any change, they have slightly changed the design.  If you have the old one, you will notice immediately that the quick connect on the old one does not fit the new one and that the elbow at the connection point is a little shorter.  

Most importantly, though, is that the two side tubes appear to be a little bit thicker and it seemed much quieter, back and particularly side.  The side tubes are a little less flexible, which might affect comfort for some side sleepers, but I didn't notice any problems with this myself.  When on my side I tend to sleep with my hand between pillow and tube, so that may be why (note, that also seems to help a bit with leaks when I turn on my side).

I have no idea how to insure which version you will get when you order.  I will try to check the model number on the packaging and see if it is different from what I got before. -John
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered the gel pillow fit pack from amazon (for folks in Australia, there is only one seller that ships to Australia. I found this to be the cheapest way to get a pack from the US including a shipping fee). I tried the medium sized gel pillow mask as I use a medium sized nasal cushion from the old dreamwear setup. It woke me up in the night due to pain in my nostrils. The nostrils were bulging up, so to say. I tried the Small mask and still felt a bit of irritation in the nostrils in the morning. How do folks switching over from nasal cushions to gel cushions go about their sizing ? I so hope to get this right as I am a side sleeper. Luckily, both the masks were a 100% fit and I had no leaks during the night.

I also ordered a Large sized headgear as the Medium was a bit too small for me. The large is a bit too large. I am strapping in for a few nights of trial and error.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2017, 09:01 PM)BHappy Wrote: I ordered the gel pillow fit pack from amazon (for folks in Australia, there is only one seller that ships to Australia. I found this to be the cheapest way to get a pack from the US including a shipping fee). I tried the medium sized gel pillow mask as I use a medium sized nasal cushion from the old dreamwear setup. It woke me up in the night due to pain in my nostrils. The nostrils were  bulging up, so to say. I tried the Small mask and still felt a bit of irritation in the nostrils in the morning. How do folks switching over from nasal cushions to gel cushions go about their sizing ? I so hope to get this right as I am a side sleeper. Luckily, both the masks were a 100% fit and I had no leaks during the night.

I also ordered a Large sized headgear as the Medium was a bit too small for me. The large is a bit too large. I am strapping in for a few nights of trial and error.

Sorry, there are multiple sellers who ship to Australia - just one with reasonable rates  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Is Dreamwear Nasal Mask compatible with Resmed S9 ? AlexBW 11 356 10-22-2017, 04:33 PM
Last Post: AlexBW
  Considering Dreamwear. Cushions or pillows? Your thoughts? tomkatt 24 1,045 10-22-2017, 07:24 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dream Station vs. AirSense 10 for Her & Dreamwear mask jaw2004 13 464 10-16-2017, 06:50 PM
Last Post: jaw2004
  Philips Dreamwear headgear replacement hack? BHappy 15 712 10-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  mask setting with dreamwear eeshwa 10 1,546 10-11-2017, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Reznik
  Enlargement of Nostrils by Nasal Pillows? OpineCone 48 7,246 10-05-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: illawarrior
  Nasal Irritation [from DreamWear Gel] Tampa Jim 7 308 10-02-2017, 04:13 AM
Last Post: holden4th