Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dreamwear Gel Pillows Mask
RE: New Dreamwear Gel Pillows Mask
With the Dreamwear if you have a headboard and you are close to it, the venting on top can be heard. ( I just slide down a little.) The pillow vent is quite as long as you are using the right size. As far as sleeping on your side I agree with Opal. On the up side with the frame running from the top of your head to your nose, if it's leaking anywhere you are able to find it quickly. (most of the time it's where the pillow attaches to the frame). Could someone send me the best priced supplier's number for the Gel pillow? I just picked up new mask and extra pillow's, so my insurance isn't going to pay for the new Gel pillow for at least 3 months. I'll pay for it just to see if it helps with sleeping on my side.
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply
I find the sound of the 'in and out' of my breathing through the mask to be similar to the lapping of gentle waves on a beach. Having grown up in a seaside suburb and been exposed to this pattern all my life I find it quite soothing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2017, 05:37 AM)holden4th Wrote: I find the sound of the 'in and out' of my breathing through the mask to be similar to the lapping of gentle waves on a beach. Having grown up in a seaside suburb and been exposed to this pattern all my life I find it quite soothing.

With that endorsement, gonna buy two!!
Post Reply Post Reply
That is what I call the Power of Suggestion! like
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It actually is a soothing sound and maybe that's I never found it more noisy than any other mask... Too bad the ear plugs really cut the sound of waves and distant mermaids.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2017, 05:37 AM)holden4th Wrote: I find the sound of the 'in and out' of my breathing through the mask to be similar to the lapping of gentle waves on a beach. Having grown up in a seaside suburb and been exposed to this pattern all my life I find it quite soothing.

I would agree except, It reminds me of a wind up wall clock that chimes on the hour. (Tic toc without the chime) I've had one of these clocks on my wall all my married life. It will put me to sleep. My grandsons come over and ask why is the clock so loud. (it really isn't they just aren't familiar with antiques) They lay on the couch within 5 minutes there out. When they wake up I'll ask them did the clock keep you awake? Funny stuff

I'm sure just about everyone on this forum has read all about the best sleeping techniques. White noise is just about in everything I have read. It can be lapping waves or clocks. It all depends on what one is accustom to.
Sleep-well

I do want to be clear the sound of breathing. The leaks aren't part of the calming white noise.
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply
I called my DME--they have the new gel pillows but only in the complete package with the headgear. I just need the pillows. They have them on order so I will get them in a month or so. I've pretty much given up on the regular Dreamwear pillows because of leakage but want to give these a try. Medicare allows 2 pillows per month--don't know about regular health insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine are coming via Supplier #1. They won't ship directly to Australia which is a major PITA. However, Australia Post's Shopmate solves that problem as it supplies a US address then ships on. Yes it costs extra but they don't have the new nasal pillows here yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been trying the Dreamwear with pillows for a few nights now. Still on the fence.

For history I used the regular Dreamwear and worked hard at liking it because the tube on top really works well for me since I move from side to side. The downside was that the DW cushion tends to move when sleeping on the side so eventually I gave up on it.

Moved to Nuance, really good mask and used it a lot eventually went to a P10 because of an even lighter / simpler design AND softer pillows.

So now with this basically combined Dreamwear & Nuance I expected things to be great - and they mostly were! The pillows hold things nicely when moving side to side, and the lack of a front tube is really a plus. Small downside is the perceived harder pillows (vs. the P10) but from experience I get used to that so no problem.

But for some reason I am having a huge case of rainout (I think thats what is called) so last night had to put it aside until I figure out why this is happening. So in the middle of the night swapped for the stand-by P10 and refreshing how nice and small the P10 is...

I still want this DW to work so will continue experimenting. Now back to searching posts for "rainout" causes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dan,

I could not use the P10 long term because of the burning sensation in my nostrils. Is the new DW cushion getting inside the nostrils like the P10's prongs?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,756 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 395 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.