Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dx, 4 sleep studies in 3 weeks, feel left hanging with questions
RE: New Dx, 4 sleep studies in 3 weeks, feel left hanging with questions
It feels like poor therapy. Someone on Reddit said I need a soft cervical to stop the chin tucks and I don’t need an ASV??!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
That would be nice I guess, to think the collar would fix the CA, but it isn't possible. The other apnea OK maybe. Again, there's some on the internet that don't have a clue what they're talking about.

There are those that have low level CA that can avoid or ignore them and there's others with high CA counts that you cannot treat by ignoring. You know which group you're in. Go light fires under the supplier to get that ASV ASAP. You plug in the ASV into your therapy and it's changed positively and instantly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That someone on Reddit is me Dave. I have been chatting on Reddit with this user. The clusters of hypopneas indicate chin tuck to me and once that is resolved I see a possible reduction in PS to mitigate the CA,
I've also asked what his other machines are.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Dave! I was thinking we had talked before. So they did CPAP study/titration, BiPAP study/titration, and Bipap ST study/titration. So I don’t have any other machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can see where a collar will help with hypopnea, but not CA of course. And I meant no offense bonjour. My apology, I would not have said what I did if I'd known that was your advisement, as you've proven to know what you are talking about. Others do fall into the not knowing what they tell others category.

I myself am only online here at AB and free cpap talk. I haven't tried Reddit, and as is likely won't. Too many irons in the fire makes the fire go out.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
None taken Dave. Just wanted you to know that it was me (beerdujour) over there
Post Reply Post Reply
Just reading between the lines, it sounds like there are clusters of apnea, but with tests for BiPAP and BiPAP ST, there may be other issues. Assuming it is obstructive, then there are a couple Apnea Board Wiki articles to read.

Positional Apnea http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

If you have not posted results from the titration studies that beerdujour/bonjour has seen, that would be helpful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
you had periodic limb movement documented in your sleep study. 'they' will tell you it's minor, nothing to worry about. I disagree. plm is inconsistent so you may have more (or less) on any given night. the repetitive pattern in the screenshot above could be caused by plm & your hypopnea & central events could be your response to the insult. asv may reduce the ca & central hypopnea but if this is plm you're likely to continue to feel unrested. idk how 'they' define arousals, but every 30 seconds, give or take, you're being roused to some extent in that screenshot. you might ask your doc to try treating plm to see if & how it affects your cpap therapy & sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
My main issue isn’t obstructive. It’s hypopneas that are happening during sleep transition and also CAs.  I’ve posted some of the studies further up the thread. Let me know if you can’t find them. Thank you for the links! I will get to reading.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had follow up with doc yesterday and nothing new.  She said it takes time to get used to the machine and we're not at my max pressure yet. She mentioned Inspire surgery and I told her I want to try the ASV before considering anything like that.  DME didn't give me the correct mask that I used in sleep study. So that is going to be changed out today to a Res Med F20. The DME tech said the same about the pressure when I asked about my AHI not coming down.  

I did ask the doc about sleep posture because I have nothing to lose at this point.  She said it definitely plays a role and talked about various positions.  She landed on chin tucking without me asking.  She didn't elaborate but talked about mattresses and pillows as well as exercises to strengthen anatomy.  She wants to see me in four weeks when we have more data. 

I slept great for my 4 hours last night with a chin pillow.  I did not move at all and woke up in same position I fell asleep in. Sadly it didn't seem to help. I attached screenshots. AHI 21.  The only thing I noticed that changed was that periodic breathing went up, clear airway went up and a few more centrals. Of course that's hard to say it was b/c of a chin pillow.  Regardless, I was pretty disappointed since I had my best night of tolerance with the mask.  

I have a second opinion on Monday.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 243 9 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 162 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 95 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Questions on sleep study nikkib9899 2 120 03-19-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.