Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dx, 4 sleep studies in 3 weeks, feel left hanging with questions
RE: New Dx, 4 sleep studies in 3 weeks, feel left hanging with questions
Yeah! The doc office called and they’re having me do a sleep study tonight with the ASV.  I guess I can’t complain though.
Post Reply Post Reply
It will work fine, but it's interesting that where there is a buck are a few thousand to be made, the doc always wants a study. Pardon the cynic in me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the win. Now not to be negative, just be aware you may have to keep the fire under the docs feet and keep checking in with the DME on the order as necessary. Don't let the request for the script from doc or the order process at the DME go stale. I'm just mentioning as that's what I had to do with my ASV as all 3 - doc, DME, insurance - messed up on something. Doc supposedly didn't word the script or the write up for ASV correct, DME kept telling me ETA delivery was x but the date/time expired with no delivery, insurance supposedly misfiled the approval process, now this last shouldn't be an issue for you as you're just changing machines within medical codes.

Just prepping you to keep fighting until an ASV is delivered. Do be certain they deliver the ResMed as you'd already stated. Masks, humidifier tubs, hoses, filters are the same for both ST and ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just saw the new boat payment sleep study. Digging for gold. OK I'll leave you to study for the test. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankfully my insurance is paying 100%
Post Reply Post Reply
OK great. Be sure to request with them to get your detailed copy of the study when it's ready. I'm pretty sure the machine was mentioned before, but just in case, you'll want the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV which comes with humidifier like what you've used on this other machine. I'm not sure if you'd had heated hose, but mention it. Same mask if you have one that works for you. If you'd gotten supplies, they should work with the ASV as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I showed up last night and the tech said she has done this 10 years and only done 2 ASV studies. I thought, “oh this is going to go great.”  She said called the doc and he walked her through it and she should be fine. 

I SLEPT ALL NIGHT except for mask leaks waking me up. She came in and I said, “It’s already 5?!?!”.    She said I did great. She figured the machine out pretty easily and the last two hours I had ZERO EVENTS!  She did mention hypopneas will still show up on the card but the machine is supporting them? I’ll figure out how to read that on OSCAR later. She also said my body will adapt and will probably need to adjust the settings. I’ll worry on that later too.

YOU ALL ROCK!  I would’ve never advocated for myself if not for your help.  Man, that machine was so much more comfortable! It’s really like night and day. I didn’t even feel like I had pressure except for a few random times it ramped up during the night. 

I have my follow up next week. I did tell them the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. I was happy to see they used a ResMed for my study n/c they’re Phillips users. 

They didn’t give me heated tubes with the ST. So I’ll be sure to ask for them next time. Hopefully I’ll have the machine without any hiccups soon ??
Post Reply Post Reply
It sure sounds like things went well. Your tech has probably seen many people that need ASV or that could do better with it, but if the doctor does not order it, she can't do it. That is really where the problem lies. As a profession, the sleep medicine people seem to know less than what you can learn on the forum. Most doctors will flatly deny central and complex apnea exist, and only a few know how to properly treat it. By arming yourself with that information, you made a real difference for yourself, and potentially for others that may come after you. Your DME supplier really helped move things forward as well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that's good to hear. Now therapy is about to make a big positive difference. If anything comes up or if you have questions, post it and we can help.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds great as the others have said any questions ask away when you get your new machine and if you feel a pressure boost blow back at the machine and it will back off
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 229 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 134 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 325 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Questions on sleep study nikkib9899 2 118 03-19-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.