Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Dx, 4 sleep studies in 3 weeks, feel left hanging with questions
RE: New Dx, 4 sleep studies in 3 weeks, feel left hanging with questions
Thanks so much! The machine did that pressure boost a few times during my study so thank you for sharing how to correct it. 

I kept my consult appt yesterday with another doctor. I am switching my care to him. The difference was night and day. Small clinic, see him every appointment, etc vs. where I was going which felt like they’re trying to make money by herding people in and out, people only seeing NPs and PAs & never the doctors. 

He basically said I ended up where I needed to be although the route they took was way too long to get me here. He could not believe they’ve put me through so many sleep studies. He said with clinics like that who have tons of techs, often people fall through the cracks and I was one of them. He believes also a lot of it can go back to the tech especially when they dont talk with the docs enough b/c they have so many of them which is true of that office b/c the docs don’t work in the office. So any contact is on phone which I found out from my tech during my study. 
He said he couldn’t guarantee that doesn’t happen in his office but he finds out much sooner because he uses only one tech who is constantly going through training & has been in the field a long time.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your new doctor agrees with us, he is a good one. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK sounds like great things are going on there. Congrats. Replacing bad doc with good is always a nice change.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Emmylouwho, another member on the forum is going through your same journey and is currently on ST therapy. Maybe you could help them along with insights from your own experience? http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...pap-device? The best expert is the one who has been there before. Thanks
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider- of course! I’m more than happy to pay it forward.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everything was going smoothly until today. I met with the doc a week and a half ago for my study results with the ResMed ASV. The last 2 hours I had zero events. The biggest news for me which is like a miracle- I HAD ZERO BRAIN AROUSALS ALL NIGHT LONG. I couldn’t believe it especially during the study. My AHI was under 2.

I went to pick up the machine today at the DME. I walk in and there sits a Phillips. They showed me the order and the office wrote a Phillips machine. I am beyond frustrated with that office and glad I am switching doctors.

I told them I do not want the machine. Dude said he’d contact the office today and get the script rewritten. Then I have to wait for them to order it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about the set-back. Here is a thread for you to read to keep your inspiration strong http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ded--31185 A member that has been unsuccessful with Philips ASV for years, and at the end of this thread he has obtained a Resmed. We're looking forward to seeing improved results. We see this problem repeatedly with the Philips, and you are to be commended for standing up for your rights.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you stood your ground. You will see the benefit once you get the ASV from ResMed. And no I'm not too surprised. Respironics or ResMed to them, it's the same therapy they say, more important is they get paid X for either, but Respironics costs them less, not you and insurance though. What happens to the difference between less expensive Philips and more expensive ResMed? DME pockets it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy new year! I finally got my ResMed ASV on Tuesday! (They had it since Christmas but no one called to tell me it was in. They did same with the BiPAP).

Ive used it since Tuesday night and I have slept incredibly well. My AHI has been less than 1!!! I honestly feel like if I didn’t set my alarm I could sleep 12 hours haha.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news Emmylou. It will be interesting to do a before/after comparison on your charts. To bad you waited unnecessarily.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 241 9 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 162 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 95 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Questions on sleep study nikkib9899 2 120 03-19-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.