Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New F&P Eson2 Mask
So I was at my local DME in Toronto and I noticed that they have a new mask in stock - the Eson2.

I hadn't heard anything about the Eson2 since it doesn't seem like it's available in the US yet.

Seeing that I'm doing so well with the Eson, I purchased the Eson2 to see if it's better than the Eson.

There seems to be a couple of changes:

(1) There is a much smaller forehead piece.
(2) The diffuser is now washable.

I'm trying it tonight. Hopefully it's as good, if not better than the first Eson.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I am impressed that the Eson works for you at the pressures you use. I am doing well with a PR Wisp nasal mask at 9.0 cm, but when I tried a trial of auto PAP at higher pressure, it frequently started leaking.

I also think I'd like the straps better for side sleeping. I don't like having a strap on my temple when lying on my side.

Thanks for your post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ramblingasian,
Good luck with the new mask.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Eson original as well, so I am interested to hear how the new version works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I tried the mask last night.

A few thoughts:

(1) The mask is a lot tighter than the original version. With the original, the Medium/Large fit a little loose. The new mask fits pretty snug.

(2) The mask is quieter - it seems that the diffuser really works better than the old version.

(3) The leak rate was slightly higher. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the fact that the pillow is shorter than the old pillow.

Overall, it wasn't bad, although my leak rate was a little higher.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Any news on when this will be avaliable in the USA? We hired one over here and my wife liked it. Over here they are about 2-3 times more expencive than buying from the USA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the F&P Simplus a FFM version of the nasal Eson2? DaveY 11 492 05-20-2018, 05:38 PM
Last Post: DaveY