Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy
Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy
I have a F&P Sleepstyle Auto with Brevida nasal mask.  I like wearing it and have no issues getting to sleep.  My AHI is low as you can see, but I am still groggy when I wake up and sleepy during the day.  Any thoughts based on the data?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy
Your flow limitation appears too high. This can cause many arousals during the night that you're not aware of.

The use of Exhale Pressure Relief (not sure what it's called on the SleepStyle) will help to lower flow limitation. Set it to 2 and raise your minimum pressure to 7. Let's also lower the maximum pressure to 12.

When you repost, please post an OSCAR chart from the Daily page. This lets us see the actual graphs.

Please include these graphs: Events, Pressure, Flow Rate, Leak Rate, and Flow Limitation.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy
Thanks will try that then repost old/new charts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 593 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 398 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Low AHI, Comfortable w/ APAP but Still Sleepy SJGD7 3 1,125 10-10-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Still sleepy during the day - low tidal, high resp.? mildOA 3 511 09-19-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Gross Forever sleepy - help! mjw423 7 849 05-14-2023, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  [CPAP] Too Sleepy's Therapy Thread Too Sleepy 23 2,268 02-24-2023, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy
  [CPAP] Still sleepy and having arousals despite low AHI meatheadmd 4 977 02-01-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: meatheadmd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.