Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
Feeling:
* delighted. I wore it all night. First ever for my 35 years of treatment.  That's a miracle for me.
* sad. It leaked worse than any mask I've ever used.  I remember waking up many times to see if I had airflow.

I posted a screenshot of OSCAR for last night in my personal request for help.  I don't think anyone reads that.

I want to make this mask work. For times like I've experienced in the last month when I had a cut on my nose from my N20 ResMed mask. Cut wouldn't heal as I normally do.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New F&B Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
I saw your chart.  I think you need to play with the mask adjustments.   Several members have stated that they need to keep the top straps very loose and adjust the lower straps.  I'm an old F&P user (Simplus, Vitera, Brevida, and now Evora FFM) and the loose top straps seems to be one of their design signatures.   A trick I use is to get maximum sealing is to allow the CPAP to achieve full pressure and then slightly pull the mask away from my face to allow the seal to fully inflate.  After full inflation, I gently release the mask, slightly oscillating it to allow it to self-center on my face.

A sidenote; I have tried the F30 previously, and the Evora FFM requires about half the strap tension to obtain a good seal. . . No sore nose!

I hope this may help you.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
Wonderful thanks!
That really helps.

Dave
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you can have pretty high pressure which might require more adjusting of the top strap. I found that if I over tighten the mask I will get more leaks. Can you run mask fit to and try different sleeping positions to adjust the mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried every different style of mask over the past 13 years, with 100% usage avg. 8 hrs. per night. I was originally prescribed a full face mask, because the doctor suspected that I was a mouth breather. I could never get a good seal with any full face mask - maybe the shape of my face or the headgear contraptions. I did my own study and found the probable cause for mouth breathing was nasal/sinus congestion, which made it difficult to breathe only through my nose. I found this nasal cleaning device which uses a saline solution to rinse out your sinus cavities and it made all the difference in my nose breathing.

https://www.amazon.com/SinuPulse-Elite-A...WNrPXRydWU=

Once I started using this, I was able to ditch my full face mask and switch to nasal pillows and I trained myself to keep my mouth closed and only breathe through my nose. After trying pretty much all nasal pillow masks, I settled on the AirFit P-10 as my favorite. No more leakage or cumbersome headgear and I flip from side to side all night or to my back, with no problems. This is a light weight comfortable mask that I hardly notice I'm wearing. This may not be for everyone, but I think it's worth a test, especially if you feel like you are sleeping in annoying scuba gear...
Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL.

I have been trying to wear this damn mask for in excess of 3 months. I go one day perfect then 2 days are disgusting with leaks. Then I have to go back to the Remed F20 FFM to get rid of the headaches and fogginess.   Then I try it again with every bit of determination that I can conjure up and it just repeats the situation......1 day very good then a couple dreadful.

I did a post in the mask review forum a month or so ago and there is also a 14 page post on this page with all the ins and outs that have arisen so far. I agree the mask can be so comfy and so minimally intrusive but it you move at all, the seal breaks. My pressure is low, 11.6

Issues I have are:

1. Retaining a seal
  2. Makes the skin at the bottom of my nose between the nostrils rather tender
  3. When I first wear it I get the urge to sniff because i feel even the largest size mask pushes on the side of my nose and closes the nostrils a bit
  4. I feel the mask size overall is not wide enough, that being the whole frame, as such if its not perfectly loc ated i get leakage from the side or on two occasions I have woken up chewing the bottom of the mask. 
I certainly agree the top straps can be loose because if they have tension on them i found it increased the pressure on the nose and made them a bit more tender.

The mask is almost perfect, but just not enough for me to keep trying it. I now recall how crappy I felt when i was not on cpap and in all honesty, it scares me to death. As much as i hate the Resmed F20 it does work for me so i will keep using it. AT $200 a pop i really cant afford to be buying masks that dont work.

I hope that you can resolve your issues and will follow this post with great interest.
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
On the subject of nasal rinse, this is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0146I...=UTF8&th=1

It works very well. My wife rinses out her sinuses and at first I thought it was disgusting. But when I had to go on CPAP therapy I knew I had to do something about my stuffed up nose. Now I do it about every other day and it really helps me at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions.

Thanks Snooks. I genuinely felt better with the F&P Evora Full mask last night.

However, the leakage rate is terrible.

I'm hearing impaired and can't hear the leaks.

I felt around the mask before falling asleep; I was extremely tired. I adjusted the straps looser on last night's than night before. I've only worn it 2 nights.

I *wish* that the people making the mask would buy one, then wear it all night every night hooked up to a machine.

I can't blame a DME supplier; I bought it on line knowing there's no guarantee. It's a life experience.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2022, 08:34 PM)DreamerDude Wrote: On the subject of nasal rinse, this is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0146I...=UTF8&th=1

It works very well. My wife rinses out her sinuses and at first I thought it was disgusting. But when I had to go on CPAP therapy I knew I had to do something about my stuffed up nose. Now I do it about every other day and it really helps me at night.

Wonderful.  I appreciate everyone sharing.

Welcome to the forum!

DAveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
LEAKS.  Oh my.

DaveL

I'd add a screenshot but I can't.

I'll go back through my earlier saves and eliminate a lot of them. I can't add anymore until I do that.  I've lost a lot of history in my treatment here. Thank heaven for OSCAR.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 132 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 157 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 105 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,580 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.