Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
RE: New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
CurtA thanks for your post.

I've regularly tried to find a full face mask that works.
This one is the best so far.

However, leaks are attrocious.

My regular mask is a ResMed N20. I use lip tape. I use a home-made curvical collar.

I move around a lot at night.

I simply wanted to find a full face mask that I can use by itself. I want to simplify my live.

My ResMed S10 hates this mask. Big angry red face. myAir score is 74. 6:16 hours of sleep
mask seal 1/20.

Don't know if this mask is worth keeping.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks leaks and more leaks.

In over 35 years of treatment I've never seen leakage like this.

F&P Evora Full
Full Face Mask

I hope others are having better luck.

edit:  two nights of short sleep. Worn out.  If this mask seals for you it would be fantastic.  Meantime I don't know if I should box it and put it away or try another night. Sorry for my attitude.  I'm weary.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I totally understand your problem Dave Sad

My Oscar stats are as bad Sad Im seriously over this damn thing now . One good night and then it just leaks and leaks. It appears to be that i turn over after being on my side, but i always wake up on the same side and same position so I really dont know.

I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
Snooks I used a video camera I was given. I move about 100 times in a 6 hour night. I wasn't aware.

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--A good night maybe
Surprised. Don't feel better.

Last night I experimented. I had selected the insert based on their fit gauge.  Large.
I went one size smaller.  

I couldn't breathe. I tore the mask off. no settings were changed.

So I carefully changed inserts. I put the Large ON.  Here's the result.

Feeling?  Quite crappy. Tired. Brain fog.  Tempermental. 

DaveL
Toronto

F&P Evora full
full face mask.

DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Two things come to mind. The first is, your pillow is not the perfect fit for your CPAP sleep.   Most cushy pillows will tend to push your mask off if you sleep on your side.  

The second is not one you want to hear.  Some people's anatomy just isn't a fit for a particular mask.  I remember about 6 years ago, a member posted about a mask that was designed by a manufacturer that used an indigenous group of people for models during its development. One characteristic of this group is the predominance of a wide facial structure.  When the mask came to market, it wouldn't fit the vast majority of CPAP users.  Some things are just not meant to be.

Note: I tried looking for that post without success. It seems I remember the jest of the post, but not enough of the exact content to find it.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 Crimson Nape. I remember when everybody raved about the F&P Simplus and Vitera. I tried both but the bridge of my nose was just too thin to get a good seal with the cushion. I tried everything and it was a major disappointment. I don't know if Dave uses a hose hanger but I find that having the hose hanging over my head helps eliminate some of the tugging on the mask when I roll over. I had to move mine a little off to the side for the Evora FFM. Seems like with CPAP one is always tweaking this or that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find that they designed this poorly in that the vents are so low on the cushion and the air blows all over.  How come they didn’t notice this problem when they designed this mask.  Also the amount of air that escapes at least for me is quite forceful.  I have tried taping a small filter over the vents but it’s not great. Will keep experimenting.  I like to use a ffm to take a break from mouth taping with my dreamwear nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Answering questions.

Hose hanger--yes

Pillow--no.

I've gotten away from using a pillow....Ihave an apnea cpap pillow.  It's very firm, and I end up with a crook in my neck when sleeping on my back.

I broke my shoulder 4? years ago. Left one. I don't sleep on that side til this day.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I did better last night than I expected to....

Started with disaster. I tried the next size smaller mask insert. I bought the mask with fit-kit.

It was an absolute disaster.  

This was on my mask when I received it. I changed it out and put the LARGE fitting on...I had never seen the mask. Maybe I didn't do it well. Maybe it leaked and caused me issues.

The F&P app for the mask is incredible. However, it's not intuitive if you've never seen the mask.

Last night it helped me a lot. I had tried the medium size insert for kicks. Had a huge anxiety attack. Then took it off.  I carefully put LARGE on. I carefully adjusted straps to allow the seal to billow out and work. At least I did as much as I could.

I had 6 hours 21 min of mask use. That's a miracle for me and full face mask use.

sleep report says I was (almost) awake at 1:00 a.m. and again at3:20a.m.  Deep sleep after each of these intervals.

myAir says 92 points out of100  4 masks on/off==they don't count.

GOOD MASK SEAL! 20/20!
0.4 EVENTS PER HOUR.  5/5  AMAZING
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 139 2 hours ago
Last Post: Yeliad
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 11 215 04-10-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 439 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 125 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 300 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 333 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 651 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.