Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
RE: New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
Wow, that is a huge amount of movement Dave and I would never expect that. I stay pretty still except an occasional and short roll onto my back, according to the wife. But even that is very rare.
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
Hint. Last night I found a way to find leaks. I'm hearing impaired. I wore my hearing aids while doing it; I don't while sleeping.

I adjusted the mask the way I thought it should be.
Put it on. Disconnected. Held the end of the hose with my hand to block airflow. I BLEW HARD through my nose.

Leaks...top of the mask. I lengthened the two top straps until that leak went away. That let the mask cushion inflate in use. Try it.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave. That's a great idea. I'm surprised F&P didn't think of that!
Post Reply Post Reply
Horrible night with this mask. I think it takes too much work to use
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Went to bed with mask adjusted best I could.

Horrible.

Woke up a while. Put the mask back on and put the Knightsbridge Dual Band cap on over the mask headgear.  Solved the leak problems.  But it was an awful experience doing this.

My thought--mask is beautifully made. But it's not made for someone with a face like mine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I *think* that the headgear slides on my bald spot...and mask leaks like crazy. No pillow. Just a sheet....It was an awful night. There's a little bit of hope....look how the leaks stopped after I put the Knightsbridge Dual Band on over my mask headgear. Hat's off to you Larry if you're reading this.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
@Snooks

The Knightsbridge Dual Band cap is reviewed on the site. My first impression was so favourable. But I've had issues and problems. I have two of them--bought same time.

Larry is the owner. He's changed videos on his site. He now says you can wear the cap over the mask headgear, or vice versa. He did't say that when i bought mine. That was really costly for me....I had to buy a large N20 with large insert---$300CDN plus tax. That's because the bottom strap came off because of interference with the bottom edge of the cap. If I had known, I would have put cap on over the mask headgear. I had extremely good results and extremely bad results. Suggests that I had problems putting it on properly and I think it should be really easy.

But look how it prevented leakage here!

I ended up shutting the machine off and throwing the mask, cap and such aside.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I have now given up totally and not even going to try anymore. I am back to the Resmed 20 and although not overly comfy, leaks are minimal and AHI under 2.0 every evening.

In a month or two when ive totally recharged the body after these crap evenings i may try it again, but i really doubt it. I now remember the head aches, lack of energy and the brain fog and I am not impressed. I hope that you can do better than me, Good Luck Mate Smile
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Snooks, sorry to hear about the Evora but it's great that you do so well with the F20. I'm finding that the Evora isn't the holy grail for sure and sometimes it drives me nuts itching around my nose. I guess I'm more used to my F20 that goes around my nose and not under it. Plus I am having some issues with leaking but I think the headgear is stretching out which means I need to adjust everything from time to time. So for now I'm going to switch off between the F20 and Evora and not get too freaked out or obsessed with trying to wear the Evora full time....maybe take more naps with it. Good luck to you on whatever you use and sleep well!
Post Reply Post Reply
Snooks I've quit too. The F&P Evora Full is not for me.

I tried it again last night. Didn't last the night. Went back to my N20. So officially, there isn't a full face mask that I can wear all night

Back to the nasal mask with tape on my lips.

DaveL

DreamerDude try my method or adjusting.
* Put the mask on with the 1 foot F&P hose; no hose connection from the machine.
* lie down
* blow from your nose. You'll hear any leaks
* Let the top two straps out until the mask fits right
* then check the bottom straps the same way.

Hope this helps. It *sort of* works for me. Mask fits until I fall asleep and start moving around.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 3 117 Yesterday, 01:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 6 199 Yesterday, 10:44 AM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 12 343 04-20-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 12 301 04-20-2024, 02:13 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 345 04-19-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: jake79
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,863 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 184 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.