Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
RE: New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
You may post! I am delighted.....

Last night I didn't have my iWatch charged. No sleep report. It helps somewhat.

myAir gives me a quick reality check.

I'm delighted with OSCAR. However, I don't have the skill to interpret the results. The wiki is wonderful. I've read it and read it. Then when I have a question, I pull a blank. I recently upped my pressure one notch; I'm sleeping better. iWatch reports more deep sleep. I feel better.

I bought my iWatch as a gesture towards wellness. I see O two concentration fluctuating through the night. However, when I wake up I figure I'm ok.

I get heck at home for over-thinking this. Regular comment is "keep it simple".

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Smile
So the Apple Watch measures oxygen through the little sensors on the back..? Wow, that’s kinda neat! I knew it tracked movement via the other sensors, however that’s a nice little add on.
I totally agree regarding OSCAR, it’s one of the best I’ve seen (my use is limited to what people post, however I was impressed the very first time I saw a screenshot).
Speaking of, having changed your pressure, have you noticed a change in the OSCAR data..?
Sometimes, as time passes, pressure needs change, and when some people would be sitting at the top of their pressure range for extended periods throughout the night (and positional issues were not a factor), a little top pressure increase was a great help Smile
How is the leak profile/sleep disturbance going with the mask..?
My chin/mouth/cheek straps look a bit like a fitted balaclava on the lower part of my face, with the top part coming up to a wide strap at the crown, and the back part is a wide strap at the base of head/top of neck. I have a triangular hole cut out for ears. And the front sits just touching the top of throat, and extends up and over mouth..the cheek area is completely covered. It stays put, and then I put headgear over the top, so it won’t slide much on the chin/mouth/cheek strap because it’s so secure in design and positioning. It’s actually shaped like a distorted triangle when folded flat, sides together.
I thought I’d share that in case it’s helpful..it’s quite easy to make, with only three straight seams, no fastenings, and easy to throw in the wash, when made out of a stretch fabric.
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Your chinstrap sounds interesting. I used one for a few years that went around my ears. It worked so much better than simple ones without that feature. Then my DME suppplier said it was discontinued. They were expensive.....about $45 Cdn. I bought them 2 at a time. However, they stretched quite quickly.

I think Larry's is better. However, I simply don't get repeatable results. Maybe that's a sign I need to wash it in hot water and dry the heck out of it again. When I bought 2 of them, one was bigger than the other....I should label them A and B so I know which is which.

The bottom two straps on the N20 mask pop open if I put a Medium headgear on with Medium insert over the top of the KDB cap. That's what he recommended when I bought my 2 KDS's together.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Peach25 said...."So the Apple Watch measures oxygen through the little sensors on the back..? Wow, that’s kinda neat! I knew it tracked movement via the other sensors, however that’s a nice little add on.

.....A member here "Ratchick" said rightly that it isn't all that accurate. She had excellent posts. I have an iWatch 6. The new iWatch8 is coming out. It will even measure blood sugar levels.

I totally agree regarding OSCAR, it’s one of the best I’ve seen (my use is limited to what people post, however I was impressed the very first time I saw a screenshot).

.....I'm computer challenged. There's a new version of OSCAR out. I need to buy a box load of courage before I mess with what works on my imac.

Speaking of, having changed your pressure, have you noticed a change in the OSCAR data..?
....Two changes regularly. First is sleep time. I'm having trouble getting enough sleep. And I wake up too early. Second is leakage....I've woken up in the night with my mask strap lengths changed, and even my Knightsbridge Dual Band cap off; I have no memory of doing either.

Sometimes, as time passes, pressure needs change, and when some people would be sitting at the top of their pressure range for extended periods throughout the night (and positional issues were not a factor), a little top pressure increase was a great help Smile

.....I had to find a new sleep doc to get my Airsense *for her* machine. my old machine is stand by with 22,100 hours on it. My sleep doc said he upped my pressure Rx from 11 to 13 improve deep sleep. First sleep doc I've had to consider wellness. I got my *Autosense for her* setup as a cpap; then I started making changes carefully following advice here.

How is the leak profile/sleep disturbance going with the mask..?
..... the F&P full face mask is top of the pile of masks that I bought that didn't work. I really wanted it to work. $200 Cdn worth of want....

My chin/mouth/cheek straps look a bit like a fitted balaclava on the lower part of my face, with the top part coming up to a wide strap at the crown, and the back part is a wide strap at the base of head/top of neck. I have a triangular hole cut out for ears. And the front sits just touching the top of throat, and extends up and over mouth..the cheek area is completely covered. It stays put, and then I put headgear over the top, so it won’t slide much on the chin/mouth/cheek strap because it’s so secure in design and positioning. It’s actually shaped like a distorted triangle when folded flat, sides together.
I thought I’d share that in case it’s helpful..it’s quite easy to make, with only three straight seams, no fastenings, and easy to throw in the wash, when made out of a stretch fabric."

.....I have a pad I wear under my chin. I found it at Mountain Equipment Co-op in Canada. I use it with an old camera bag strap to fit under my chin, and stop mouth breathing. I've worn out several of them. Now MEC doesn't carry them anymore. They are from the UK...can't seem to get them this side of the Atlantic now. It's more comfortable than my store-bought cervical collar.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Just wondering how everyone is doing with the Evora full mask.  I am enjoying it but had to raise my pressures to compensate for using a ffm instead of my usual nasal mask.  I like to use the Evora since I don’t have to tape and it’s basically leak free.  I do have to cover the exhalation ports with a small piece of filter to alleviate the strong air that hits my pillow as I side sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
This has become my go-to mask. The mask tension required to achieve a good seal has to be one third to one fourth that of a Resmed F30.

I use the Resmed regular air filter as a diffuser too. I've found that all is needed is to tape the top portion of the filter and let it act as a flap over the ports. Of course, it looks like the cartoon character, Wally Walrus.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s great crimson nape, will try your filter idea.  Though it seems like the air would still shoot right out since you are not covering the diffuser.  Did you have to adjust your pressure using this ffm?

When I use a nasal mask I am able to lower my pressures.  This is the first ffm that doesn’t leak.  It has to be worn pretty loose. I had absolutely no luck with the F30, always leaked for me no matter how I adjusted the straps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried it again the other night...the Evora Full. I find it hit or miss...mainly miss. I must still be adjusting it too tight. 35 years' experience tightening masks so they don't leak.

Frustrated....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, the top straps for me are very loose and the bottom straps are definitely not as tight as other ffm need to be to get a good seal.  The stabilizer plastic piece is what keeps the mask from leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same as you Dave.

Since my last posts about a month ago I have tried a few more times. One night good then 3 bloody dreadful. So I skip it for a week and then try again.

When it works, it is sensational but when it doesn't it is absolutely dreadful, as in a +25% leak rate for 3/4 of the evening. I can only put it down to something that I do when i'm asleep. I must roll and displace it or something Sad

And that vent is so annoying, I normally dont wear any clothing to bed but I tend to have my right arm out of the blankets and laying on my side, with it being winter, the air is pretty cold and I need to wear a Pyjama Shirt when trying to use the damn thing cause the vent just pumps the air onto the arm and it's almost frozen lol.

Enough of a rant........... I will probably try again next week, but I am reaching the stage of giving up Sad
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 285 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 140 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 522 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 108 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,605 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.