Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
RE: New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
Snooks, I agreed with you about the vents being a bad design.  Try covering them with some air filter, I do and it really helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Snooks I seem to be very sensitive to different masks.

I tried the F30i with no luck. Same with the N30i. And recently the F&P Evora Full.

I'm most impressed with the Evora Full. However, wearing it I can't repeatedly have low leaks. I can repeatedly have high leaks without trying. Must be just me.
In 35 years I've worn many masks.

My best now is the ResMed N20 with the standard insert. I tried the high-dollar unwashable insert for a couple of nights. Horrible on my face. High leaks. The sore on my nose is finally healing. Its from putting the connector on and scratching my nose when going back to bed after a break in the middle of the night.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep...... I tried it the night before my recent post and it was very good and then the next night (last night), it was like trying to carry water in a thimble.

That's it. I'm done with the damn thing and I swear I am not trying it again Sad
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
Snooks thanks for posting here.

My normal routine is to put on my nasal mask. I have the short small strap attached.  Then I put on my Knightsbridge Dual Band Cap. I usually managed to block the small strap and block airflow several times....(If I use the L-connector and remove the short strap that  doesn't happen. Purtting it back on I scratch my nose with it.  I've had a scab there for over a month)  Then I hook up to the large hose from the apap machine, and manually turn on the apap machine.   Wearing all this gear I have mask strap marks from the KDB Cap.  They last about 6 hours.

About 2/3rds of the nights I get up and hurry to the washroom.....I'm very tired. I often take all my gear off, and then rush....Returning I have no patience. I put the nasal mask on and that's all. Then I mouthbreath...and you know what happens then.

That's why I bought the $230 CDN F&P Evora Full! I really wanted to simplify my life  So far it hasn't....

The only thing I haven't tried is putting on the KDB cap first; then putting on the F&P Evora Full.  But somehow that's not simplifying my life.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
The reason I share is to get help with other mask users.
And to share successes...or issues so they may learn from what I have done. I'm an engineer. I'm frustrated....sometimes it seems that when I look at machines and masks there's been no common sense in their design. Common sense isn't so common anymore.

Don't know whether this is valuable or not. It takes time....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, I'm afraid I have given up for a while, went back to the old Resmed 20 but due to hard earned weight loss  (74lbs in 9 months) that damn thing is too big now. I get way better results but just have to pull it tighter than I know I should, because its too large. So its not the comfiest but it works.

I'll have to save some money over the next month or so and look at buying another mask, but being unable to trial a mask makes it very hard to get the right one first go.

I'll keep monitoring this thread and hopefully you can sort your issues out. Given i'm only just recovering from Covid, the Resmed F20 it is for at least the next few weeksSad

Cheers Smile
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
Evora Full was on for an hour!
Had to laugh last night.

I put the F&P Evora Full on optimistically.

Took it off after about an hour. AHI on the S10 said 14.5 ...

Is this awful trace solvable? Is it position oriented?

then I put my N20 Medium nasal mask on and taped my lips.  Sometime in the night I took the tape off....Had the mask on until I got up to go the washroom.  Went back to bed, and put the N20 back on. No tape. 

Brain fog.

Worse.

DaveL

I"m putting this here, not in my treatment file. The important part is trying to make the Evora Full work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Snooks congratulations on losing weight. Taking my hat off to you. I've tried. Have only gained.....

I'm very happy you have been so successful.

Can you get a smaller insert for the F20? I've never used that mask. But a small insert would be cheaper than a complete mask. Someone here has said that if you wash the headgear///the fabric in extremely hot water it can be shrunk and restored. I think it was Big Guy, who has helped me so much with other hints.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Snooks the firm I bought my masks from recently shows 3 inserts for the F20 mask. They cost just under $70 CDN plus 13% tax Let me know by PM if I can shoot you more info....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Snooks, so the inserts for your mask come in 3 different sizes. You could just buy an insert and use your existing heardgear. Hope this helps....

It's no risk---you download the fit gauge for the mask and see which size to buy. small/medium/large.

My DME supplier will loan me trial masks. I have to give them a credit card number. Typically I can use a mask for a week, then return it. Issue for me is the cost. If the trial works, then I get to pay about $350 Canadian for a mask.

If I buy a mask online it comes with no guarantee. "I pays my money and takes my chances". Cost is less--usually $200 CDN. Sometimes less. My F&P Evora Full was more.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 140 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 108 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,604 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.