Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
RE: New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
Thanks for the advice Dave, I appreciate it and I must admit it motivates me a bit more Thanks

I was thinking about buying just the silicone cushion, that works out to be around $80 AUD compared to $179 AUD. I just figured that the dam headgear itself has stretched and to be honest, that would be my fault from over tightening it to try and get a seal. I still have a brand new cushion as when I bought the new one in Feb 2022, I got a "2 for the price of one" promo.

I do have a "firm cardboard template" that came with the initial F20 Mask and we did look and fiddle with that and it seemed I still needed the Large size, but I will certainly look into that again. If the mask is to "big" i'm thinking it will be sideways, meaning its too wide across my mouth.

So after your advice:
  • Will check the template again to check for the correct size of cushion
  • Will soak and clean the headgear as I do have an old one that was replaced 10 months or so. I have cleaned it before but never using EXTREMELY hot water.
  • Will look into buying some new velcro and getting it stitched on because the original Velcro on the head gear is pretty much cheap crap and was never that good to start with
So I will look at getting things going in that direction :Smile Cheers.
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
Wonderful!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
My F&P Evora Full is on standby. I'm "manifesting" a perfect seal with it....no leaks. I'm using my stand-by for the last few years. the ResMed N20. Today I have a fresh scab on the tip of my nose, because I put the hose on the mask with the little exhaust port. And I have strap marks 2 hours old (suggesting I'm doing it up too tight.
I really really want the Evora Full to work. Meantime I've ordered a ResMed P30i hoping it will work; I have an N30i that doesn't...
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
So sorry you are having problems with the Evora full Dave.  It is a good mask but straps have to be loose for me.  Keep trying and try another cushion size to see if any differences.  I need to raise my pressures significantly as compared with my dream wear nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had many issues with the mask as mentioned in my previous posts, especially with my communications to Dave L. It has been so frustrating but with having Cataract Surgery last Tuesday I knew that I could not wear the Resmed F20 and as such, I had to make this mask work. And now, I am delighted to state that I think I have started to achieve my goal.  The important info is my total weight loss is now 149kgs down to 117.6kgs (70lbs)

This mask is not perfect, it is still frustrating at times and its not a 100% success for me, its probably about 80% and improving bit by bit. Most events indicated in the screen shots are positional issues and I will be focusing back on them when I get back into my own bed. At the moment the wife has been very sick with Covid, I got over a mild case 6 weeks ago but her constant coughing and moving around meant I found it even harder to sleep so I have been in the spare room for a fortnight and the mattress sucks Sad

Relative points are:
1. The weight loss over the last 18 month is what has also compounded the issue. The Resmed was leaking like a sieve, I now know the mask suited me as a size L, but it is now to big. I have set it aside because my face structure has changed so much.

2. First using the Evora I assumed, but was also "fitted" by the assistants and the L size was what i required. Fortunately I got the 3 pack with 3 size masks cause after numerous trials I decided to try the medium and lo and behold, it works. A bit small, but it works and is comfy. There is no space on the side of the nostrils, whereas with the L size it could move sideways and leak.

3. The top straps need to be very loose and the bottom ones just average tension. Any tighter and it hurts just under the center of your nose, between the nostrils. Funny enough the top straps irritate the tops of my ears, the edges seem rather sharp despite being a material based head gear.

4. I have been reducing pressure over the last fortnight and have brought it down, bit by bit from 11.8 to 10. I may go a bit lower if there is no major issues with events, but I will see how it ends up. I believe the decrease in pressure has made it easier to maintain the seal.

So I am getting there, it is very much still a challenge at times, especially the length of time I spend asleep on it as that has reduced a bit. But it is working Smile I have posted some Oscar Printouts to show a few examples of the last week, just before and just after the Cataract Surgery.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well done!  How is your vision now?

(Last night i tried my Evora Full..  Better than other nights)

DaveL

DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
The vision is great Dave,thanks for asking and I was so much happier being able to wear the Evora FFM as I know the Resmed would have impeded on the eye and as such it couldn't be worn, which would have been a concern.

Sorry to hear and see that the damn thing isnt working for you. My stats on the mask are getting even better. I have now got the pressures down to 9.8 as against the original 11.8 (But prescibed 12.6). I believe that the pressure reductions have played an important part in retaining the seals so keep trying because if you can get it working for you, i'm sure that you will be delighted with it.

This is last nights stats Thumbs-up-2

Post Reply Post Reply
Evora Full Disaster
Have to laugh.  Or cry.  Feel terrible.

Started last night using the F&P Evora Full.  I kept waking up with the right bottom strap off. 
After a br break I put the ResMed N20 on, keeping the home-made cervical collar on.  that was my old standby. Things only got worse.  Time to put all this stuff in a box and give it away.

Tried to attach a screenshot. 

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's last night's horrible screen shot.

DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, were you aware of all these leaks you had during the night?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 159 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 106 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,582 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.