Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
RE: New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks!
Dave L, thats dreadful and I'm sorry for you having such a frustrating time. Having been there I fully understand, it sucks Sad

The only think that I can think of is that mine is working for me now because I now have got my pressure down to 9.6 from the prescribed 12.6 with original >AH75. I think that the pressure reduction has made the mask far more stable and I see that yours is a lot higher. I'm sure that is a major factor in the mask being unstable.

I will certainly keep following your posts because I hope that you can make it. I know that despite being so frustrating, when you crack the secret (whatever that is), it is a really good mask. Like we both said many many pages back, it either works brilliantly or it totally sucks Sad

Good luck mate, just to show you how good it can work I have attached my Oscar Report from last night. Hopefully you can get there too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
Back to normal with a new nasal pillows mask
Mask:  ResMed P30i
Tape
Cervical collar

Last night went well.  This is so much better than I've experienced with the F&P Evora Full.

AND it doesn't rub on the sore on my nose! That's why I bought the Evora Full.  

DaveL

DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, I've been following along and feel so bad for you with the Evora FFM. I do have leaks with mine and have discovered that it doesn't do very well with higher pressures, say over 11 or so. Also, I find that it is critical that my face and the cushion be squeaky clean and that it not be adjusted too tightly with the top and side straps. You have serious leaks with it and your therapy won't be worth a crap if you can't alleviate them.

That said, if you have a better solution with a different mask, just go for that. Getting stressed out and apprehensive ain't worth it. It's like banging your head against a wall. Seems like you've tried everything with the Evora and then some!

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Dreamer Dude,

Dave and I have been comparing notes and comments for ages, because the dam mask is so frustrating. I think my problem was that it became such a personal challenge to use the mask and to have it provide the appropriate treatment. It could be so great, or so very bad Sad I think it was also a challenge for Dave lol. I didn't like being defeated by a mask.

I certainly agree with your comments regarding it being essential that the cushion is clean and your face is oil free.  The other vital feature is that you not be using high pressures, I really struggled at 12.6 but now i'm down to around 9.6 its working superb. I just need to see an improvement on the hours i am sleeping.

I am delighted Dave at least ended up with great results on the P30 mask Well-done

I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
Agreed. When you see all those leaks with the Evora FFM and then the great results with the P30 I'd say go for that. Plus I would think the P30 might be more comfortable anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your posts

I think my goal should be to keep it in reserve. In case I need it for some reason....

I have a regular thread for my treatment....so Should post there for regular treatment. I hoped that others with interest in the Evora Full might get something out of a dedicated thread. (My other thread is huge and probably boring. I don't get many comments there. And I've exceeded my limit for attachments here. So I've junked many of the old attachments.

I keep going back to Gideon's guide for OSCAR and attempting to learn so I can diagnose myself.

That's not working well for me; my fault. Not The Guide.

DaveL
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Two ruff nights with the P30i AHI=4.5 both nights.

So I'm keeping the F&P Evora Full nearby. And the N20. I get best results with the N20; however, I've had a cut/scab on my nose from the N20 for months. It's healing...while I'm not using it. That's why I started looking. That and wish to simplify my life. OSCAR is driving me nuts. I get results; resolve to study to see "what the heck is that?" I need an "OSCAR for dummies" book.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, I think when the new bleep mask comes out which is called the Eclipse? it might be something you might want to try.  No headgear at all.  Look at Bleep’s site.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Bleep Eclipse is awesome. Was provided a sample and am excited for it to come out. Zero leaks and 2 nights when my AHI was 0. I tape my mouth at night too.

The Evora Full looked really awesome when my mates in Aus tried it. Most did really well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yippee, any news when it will be released?  Any differences besides the magnet?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 132 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 157 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 105 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,579 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.