Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New F&P Evora mask, what setting?
New F&P Evora mask, what setting?
I just switched to  F&P Evora. They call it a nasal mask but it looks like a cushion. What setting on my ResMed Airsense 10 should it be? Pillows or Nasal?
TIA  Thinking-about Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New mask, what setting?
I believe it's a Nasal mask.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2021, 07:41 AM)Doublereeder2 Wrote: I just switched to  F&P Evora. They call it a nasal mask but it looks like a cushion. What setting on my ResMed Airsense 10 should it be? Pillows or Nasal?
TIA  Thinking-about Smile

Nasal pillows masks are inserted in your nostrils. Nasal masks fit over the nose. It looks like the Evora is the latter.

The only thing that setting does is change the pressure a bit. Since you have an auto-adjusting CPAP the machine will just automatically change the pressure as needed, so the setting doesn't really matter that much. I still try to get it right, though.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

1. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2021, 10:27 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Nasal pillows masks are inserted in your nostrils. Nasal masks fit over the nose. It looks like the Evora is the latter.

The only thing that setting does is change the pressure a bit. Since you have an auto-adjusting CPAP the machine will just automatically change the pressure as needed, so the setting doesn't really matter that much. I still try to get it right, though.

Right, thanks  Smile 

I should have said I was using the N30 before and ResMed said to use the pillows setting even though it's a cushion. Evora is like a cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New F&P Evora mask, what setting?
I changed the thread title a bit to better reflect your question.

I know there are a few users of this mask so let's see what setting they use...
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2021, 12:19 PM)Doublereeder2 Wrote: I should have said I was using the N30 before and ResMed said to use the pillows setting even though it's a cushion. Evora is like a cushion.

It all has to do with the size of the opening that the air passes through at the end of the hose, just before it enters your nose. For a nasal pillows mask the opening is smaller so there will be a larger drop in pressure as the air passes through the opening. To compensate the machine raises the pressure a small fraction of a centimeter. But since you have an auto-adjusting CPAP machine, it will raise the pressure anyway whenever your airway needs a greater pressure.

If the opening is about the same size as the N30 then I would use the pillows setting.

I think it's in large part a scam, ResMed is trying to get you to buy ResMed masks so you don't have to guess at the setting.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New F&P Evora mask, what setting?
I've been using the Evora for awhile and really like it.

I use the pillow setting on my ResMed. Was told Nasal was only for masks that cover the entire nose.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,581 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Cool Comparisons to F&P Evora Mask SheShells23 9 358 03-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.