Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New First AHI 0.0
New First AHI 0.0
I finally scored a 0.0 AHI. Amazing. I got a cheap substitute for the Ruby Red chin strap from an Amazon dealer. I was P*ssed off but it was only $13 and it was an extra large so I kept it and wore it last night. It fit much better than my real Ruby Red which was a standard size and a little to tight for my liking. I still want a real Ruby Red extra large and will order it from a regular cpap provider.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New First AHI 0.0
Wow that's what I'm shooting for. I have had my 7th night under 1.0 AHI. Do you feel any different when you
have under 5.0 let's say 4.2 compared to .2 .7 .8? I can't say I always feel I've had a good nights sleep even when
my AHI is very low. I awoke a couple weeks ago feeling better than I ever have and had a 7.6. The AHI doesn't
always, for me anyway, have any effect on sleep perceived quality. When I started treated myself
I had a starting AHI of 48.3! and felt crappy all the time, falling asleep in the day time, at the wheel even, so after
the big improvement the smaller increments don't seem to have that much effect. Over time they may though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lukie why were you P*ssed off?

Congrats on the 0 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lukie,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your 0.0 AHI.!
Yeah, sometimes those knockoff products can trip you up a bit. Although, if it holds up for you, it might not be so bad to be able to spend less, but It makes it bad when they try to sell you something and sort of imply that it's the real thing.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2014, 11:01 AM)Lukie Wrote: I finally scored a 0.0 AHI. Amazing. I got a cheap substitute for the Ruby Red chin strap from an Amazon dealer.

Lukie, congrads on AHI of 0.0... I also got new chin strap and my leaks were cut in half... Progress is awesome! Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
ME 50 I was P*ssed off because an Amazon dealer sent me a piece of crap for a chin strap when I had thought I had ordered a Ruby Red chinstrap by Care Fusion. It turned out the piece of crap fit well so I kept it but I still want and extra large Ruby Red chinstrap by Care Fusion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on 0.0 AHI. That is great!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just keep in mind folks, that the goal of 0.0 AHI is not something we HAVE to be aiming for. Anything less than 5 is good. Less than 3, even better. Nothing wrong with tweaking the settings and trying to hit that Holy Grail of Zero but it's not going to happen often and it won't happen every night.

Some would say that if you don't have the goal of hitting zero every night then you aren't taking care of yourself right and you're being lazy with your health. I say bull crap. That number is just one part of the package. How we feel is another, bigger part. Just work on getting the best average you can, find your normal and work on staying within that, whatever makes you feel the best. That's your goal. And if your best is 2.4, great.

Oh, and if you have a ResMed and it gives you 0.0 AHI for 2 nights, unplug the machine for about 5 minutes then plug it back in. There's a "bug" that S9s get where they get stuck in the zeroes.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2014, 07:23 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Just keep in mind folks, that the goal of 0.0 AHI is not something we HAVE to be aiming for. Anything less than 5 is good. Less than 3, even better. Nothing wrong with tweaking the settings and trying to hit that Holy Grail of Zero but it's not going to happen often and it won't happen every night.

Some would say that if you don't have the goal of hitting zero every night then you aren't taking care of yourself right and you're being lazy with your health. I say bull crap. That number is just one part of the package. How we feel is another, bigger part. Just work on getting the best average you can, find your normal and work on staying within that, whatever makes you feel the best. That's your goal. And if your best is 2.4, great.

Oh, and if you have a ResMed and it gives you 0.0 AHI for 2 nights, unplug the machine for about 5 minutes then plug it back in. There's a "bug" that S9s get where they get stuck in the zeroes.

(INSERT LIKE BUTTON HERE)

If I didn't care, I would not turn my machine on every single sleep session. Or look at my numbers at all, or spend $$ changing masks to chase a lower leak rate (first night under with low leaks).

But a 'good night' for me is an AHI of 10 or less. And, I do not get those all of the time either. A lot of it has to do with how bad your OSA is. I think it is more accurate for you to simply watch your numbers and see what is an average/norm for you, and go from there.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2014, 07:43 PM)Peter_C Wrote: [quote='PaulaO2' pid='55872' dateline='1390091002']
Just keep in mind folks, that the goal of 0.0 AHI is not something we HAVE to be aiming for. Anything less than 5 is good. Less than 3, even better. Nothing wrong with tweaking the settings and trying to hit that Holy Grail of Zero but it's not going to happen often and it won't happen every night.

(INSERT LIKE BUTTON HERE)

If I didn't care, I would not turn my machine on every single sleep session. Or look at my numbers at all, or spend $$ changing masks to chase a lower leak rate (first night under with low leaks).

But a 'good night' for me is an AHI of 10 or less. And, I do not get those all of the time either. A lot of it has to do with how bad your OSA is. I think it is more accurate for you to simply watch your numbers and see what is an average/norm for you, and go from there.

I think it is good to strive for the best health you can achieve but not be concerned if you don't hit a "perfect" score every time. I happened to have a 0.0 last night because I have done many things to improve my therapy and I have a relatively mild case of sleep apnea. To someone else with a really high AHI just to get less that 5 is a major victory. I don't expect it to happen every night but it is nice when you hit it even once.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.