Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Gear
New Gear
So, to follow up on previous threads of mine...

Today I saw my respiratory therapist for the first time. I now have, perched beside my bed, an auto adjusting pressure APAP. Specifically, it is a Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto. I believe it has all the necessary bells and whistles. At least I hope it does. I believe I see it listed in the recommended machines  on the following link: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices. However, as noted in that article, the nomenclature is a little deceptive to my untrained but suspicious eye. My prescription called for a setting of 6 CM of H2O. My tech wanted to give me the fixed version at 6.0. She was quite agreeable when I said I'd rather have the auto setting. I don't recall the parameters that were programmed in but I believe it has a lowest acceptable and a highest acceptable number of H2O pressure.

She also touted the DreamMapper app as a Bluetooth add-on to my iPhone software saying it would help me track my progress efficiently. I'll try it out. I wonder if anyone knows how this software stacks up against that found in sleepyhead.com?  In addition to the Bluetooth feature it has a wireless modem option. I don't know if that'll be functional for the clinic to use as she didn't take any information about my WiFi configuration.

The machine came with an installed SD card. 

Another feature (and maybe this is simply a gimmick) is the "Ramp" button. Supposedly if one enables "ramp" after turning on the airflow, it reduces air pressure while you are falling asleep then gradually increases (ramps) the pressure until the prescription setting is reached. Actually, I thought the auto feature would handle this function but maybe this is an enhancement after all.

Now I must figure out how to list my equipment in my personal profile on this website.

I would be delighted to hear from my new friends on this blog as to how things are looking for me generally - now that I am operational.

Kind regards
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Gear
Welcome HD Fry
I am looking forward to hearing of your progres and seeing your SH chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not familiar with the DreamMapper ap but I suspect it doesn't provide much data. I suggest you download and install free SleepyHead software. See the links below. Not only will it give you more complete data but will permit you to post data in the forum in a format we are familiar with so we can help you optimize your therapy. The lowest and highest pressure settings for your machine are 4 and 20cm of water. If those are the current settings you will probably feel starved for air. Most need a low setting of at least 6. You should find out what the settings are and learn how to adjust them yourself. You can the clinicians manual for your machine by going to the set up manuals link at the top of this page. It will provide you with the information to adjust the settings. Ramp works as you understand but with such a low setting you shouldn't need it. I use a Resmed machine with a range of 9-14. I don't use ramp and am perfectly comfortable with a starting pressure of 9. Others who are more familiar with the Dreamstation will probably reply soon.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice. Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope you and your new buddy get on well and you both thrive together Sleep-well
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks my friend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Washing gear in bleach? bbbl67 10 956 02-12-2023, 03:01 AM
Last Post: bbbl67
  flow rate vs head gear Uzupan 2 664 10-30-2022, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Burning irritation from head gear Xltrod 0 476 10-13-2022, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Xltrod
  How often do you replace gear? Dave W 8 1,071 08-16-2022, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Major rainout with new gear brianps 15 3,184 10-25-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed F30 Head Gear Problem JazzDoc 2 1,308 07-20-2021, 11:47 AM
Last Post: car54
  FOUND ASV titration instructions, deep readings with the real testing gear... racprops 0 767 09-30-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: racprops

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.