Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Guy, Central Sleep Apnea, wrong machine?
RE: New Guy, Central Sleep Apnea, wrong machine?
Really glad to hear this is working out so quickly. It sure wasn't much of a mystery once we saw what was happening. Keep us posted on how this works out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you think it’s ok to have the study done? I went to the cardiologist last year and was tip top shape. Had the nitro and ct scan, and all good. Haulter monitor for a month.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I would have the Sleep Study on the ASV done tonight.  The concern is in reference of long term use of ASV in patients with a (cardiac) ejection fraction of less than 45%, but one night won't be a problem, especially since you will be monitored all night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Christ they just cancelled because the sleep tech cancelled and have to move me to Friday. Still trying to be positive but man. I’m suuuuper desperate. I just made an appt with my cardiologist for 3 weeks out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Boodmaster,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
WOW, I'm sure sorry you are getting the runaround.
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy and also with getting the right machine to meet your needs.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and, as rough as this is, (and I know how stressful this is,) just keep 'pushin on.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Boodmaster, it would be extremely unusual for anyone not to be aware of a severe cardiac condition like LVEF<45%. One symptom is that you would be stressed walking out your driveway or any light exertion. Please consider the heart screening as merely a cautionary formality in your case. In addition, we have seen your data, and in spite of numerous CA events and clusters, none of it takes the form of cheyne-stokes respiration or periodic breathing, which commonly accompanies the results from individuals affected by the SERVE-HF recommendation.

None of us can even guess at your heart condition, but I strongly suspect is is not an issue, and will be evaluated prior to your being issued ASV. If you are titrated for ASV and this determination becomes an issue that might delay issuance of the ASV machine, you should ask your doctor to refer you to any out-patient facility for an electrocardiogram screening evaluation. You don't need to visit the cardiologist to make the LVEF determination.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I gotcha. I have pretty good insurance through the stagehands union so that helps. I actually thought I was having a lot of heart issues about 10 months ago, which, I know sounds crazy, but was just gas causing the fluttering feeling. When I changed my diet to less gassy foods they completely went away. I had a contrast / coronary CT scan with nitroglycerin etc the whole thing. I have 0 plaque, all is 100% excellent, trace mitral regurgitation but my ejection rate was 74%. So I am still going to get checked by the cardiologist as a formality, with Central I should be doing that every year at least to make sure we’re on the “up and up”. But yea, I could access my records online and saw that 74% and was stunned. Thank God. Before I was only looking at plaque etc, family history of that stuff. I’m the meantime waiting for the auto ASV Sleep study on Friday night, I changed around some settings to a hybrid of what y’all were suggesting and what the respiratory therapist was suggesting. I did Auto mode instead of S, instead of 10/4, I changed it to auto with a pressure of 4, so it started 8/4 and moved around. Also my trigger was on medium instead of low or lite, so now that it’s faster it DEFINTIELY feels more natural. I’ve had no problems with the mask or anything thus far. But that little difference made it feel loads better. I still feel like sh*t today, but I didn’t have any gasping sleep/wake transition episodes. Those are what scare me the most. Laying there and drift off to sleee GASP because I’m not breathing. Heart rate. The whole thing. It’s horrible. I do that for hours. It’s insane. But like I said, I haven’t had that in 2 days, and prior to that it had been a few months. So Thank God. I can tolerate feeling horrible and hungover every day. It’s the actual “actions” that scare me. I have a relatively lower than normal blood pressure, so that helps with the heart spikes I believe. I’ll post a pic of last nights data in a bit. I’m sure it’s better. Night before I was around 15ahi down from 35 the night before, with no changes in anything, machine wise, diet etc, just happens that way with Central I gues. So I felt “better” but still. Last night was even better. So I’ll post that in a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's just sensible to get a tick from the cardio. It's more than probable, that the testing 10 months ago still stands.

It's good that the trigger feels more natural, you don't want to feel as if it triggers by itself or that you have to breath hard to get it to trigger.
rise time is the other adjustment, that can help shape your breath too
what Ti numbers do you have, normally default is fine, unless there are issues.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel like a tool for not posting my data the last few days, but since I changed my settings I haven’t gone over 11ahi. Last night was even a 6! I’m sitting here waiting to be hooked up for my auto ASV. I almost lost my sh*t when the guy came in and said “no this is cpap”. I was like LOOOK I failed that mess already I have the BiPAP on my nightstand. You gotta call em! Thank God. Auto ASV test. Man. This whole thing is so crazy outta hand. I’m glad to be here, health is good and finally in the right place!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys, I’m struggling....

I finally just got my Aircurve 10 ASV. I’m struggling pretty hard. I wake up and the ASV is literally doing all the breathing for me multiple times in a row. I know that’s not a ton of info for you guys but I’ll try. 

They have my settings as follows: 

ASV AUTO
Min Epap 6
Max Epap 15
Min PS 4
Max Ps 15

Originally they gave me the VAUTO and it was making my central apnea (diagnosed central only) out of control, they had my settings 4-10 if I remember correctly. Here in the forum it was suggested that I bring the cm closer together, which I did, and switched it to auto mode. So it was basically 4-8. That brought my apnea’s down from 20-30ahi to around 5-10ahi and stable. 

Now with the new machine I’m on my 2nd night, (first night I brought the min Epap down to 5, which was ok... I had crazy dreams and feel like I did ok, still exhausted but I’ll keep trying) tonight I tried to put it back up to the prescribed 6 and after 3 hours I’m waking up with this ASV breathing for me completely, multiple breaths in a row, and I’m soooo confused and fuzzy and just messed up feeling. They told me that during my sleep study (the last one, 3rd with ASV titration) that I had 0 apnea I’d any kind because the machine worked. Last night my ahi was only 3.4... but for some reason reason umm getting my ass kicked tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 602 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 247 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,524 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 356 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 616 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 294 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.