Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Guy, Central Sleep Apnea, wrong machine?
RE: New Guy, Central Sleep Apnea, wrong machine?
It's been awhile, I wanted to post some more of my data, arbitrarily, nothing really to note. I'm using the full face mask, I think it's the f20. I'll never go back to the nasal mask again, too many leaks.  Something I've noticed over the last few months, since taking Zantac, I've felt the clicks of air going into my stomach have subsided dramatically, which is great. I still have had quite a few nights of getting to bed at 4 or 5, waking up at 8-9, just from work, so I can't say that "man I feel great!", because that isn't the case. I'm still exhausted all the time, but I have the baby and we have the business, so it's hectic to say the absolutely least. I just wanted to get everyones take on how the data is looking. I noticed the other night i peaked out, I think I need to raise my max PS.  I want to make sure I'm getting the best treatment possible with this impossibly brilliant machine. I just need an outsiders perspective, sometimes I can't see the forest through the trees.  

These are just a few random nights, nothing special or worth noting.  wife has been sick, baby's been sick. business is nuts, so my sleep schedule is literally all over the damn place. 

As always, thanks for the support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well the data would look better without the monthly calendar, but your event rate is very low. I'd say things are working well, and you're working too much. My best guess is life is very busy, and any sense of a lack of rest has little to do with your ASV therapy. Glad it's working out, and from my view, things should slow down as you approach retirement age. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here’s a follow up question, because I just had the worst night since the first night of this journey. Why would I be having central events with the ASV on and actively working??? It’s the first time it’s happened and it happened ALL night. I felt like I was drowning all over again. Drift off to sleep and then BAM eyes open deep breath. Like I didn’t have the mask on at all. Nothing is different and nothing has changed. I have the horrible sense of desperation again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heres 3/30, my nightmare nights,  with 3/28 and 3/29 as comparisons, which look fairly identical overall to each other. Last night was probably just an anxiety-ridden, blood sugar roller coaster, but man. Get me off this ride.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey everybody! I feel like i've been fairly successful with my ASV therapy for the most part, I'm still exhausted most of the time, but i'm also still working close to 100 hours a week and take my 1 year old to work with me every day, so that's a thing.  I'd love if yall could take a look at what I have going on and tell me if there's any adjustments I should be making. I've been changing things here and there, mostly minimum pressure support every so often as dealing with gerd/acid. I've also switched back and forth and still go back and forth between the nasal mask and the full face. I enjoy both, I'd wear full face if I could all night, but usually I end up drooling in the mask halfway through the night, or the air tickles my nose hairs or something absolutely benign like that and it wakes me up. Nasal mask I have a ton of leaks, but it's insanely more comfortable. Either way, I'm working on it. So this particular night I'm posting I was wearing nasal, so lots of leaks, a few questions: 

1)  All my hypopneas are 10 seconds long, which seems to always be an issue. They always happen during or around leaks. I'm assuming (hopefully rightly so) that my mask leaks are causing the hypopneas, or something similar? They're always exactly 10 seconds, so I feel like that has to be related. 99% of the time they are always happening during or near a major mask leak. 

2) I have some weird apneas that are unclassified. I usually have 1, sometimes 2 a night. I know it's....unclassified....but does anyone have any light they can shed on that? I have no clue what those could be. I figured it was probably my mask shifting on my face, stopping air flow or something, coughing in my sleep, stuffy nose or something like that. 

3) Based on overall looks, hows my pressure looking? I still feel pretty tired, but not nearly as bad as when I don't wear the mask. Typically it's just the falling asleep before getting it on, crashing into bed or something.

Other than that, everything has been going fairly well. When I can afford new stuff, tubing etc, I get it, same with nasal things and full face masks. I actually have one in the mail right now. woo!  As always, I seriously appreciate everything. I send a ton of people this way from other outside sources. This forum has been the best thing ever.   

Thanks again,

RG
Post Reply Post Reply
If these were my graphs I would raise the minimum epap from 5 to 6 which may help to reduce the Hypopnea also a note on the UA's as you 're using an ASV it assumes that it can prevent CA's so the UA's are considered obstructive.

The number of events you are having are very low and these changes are nothing more than tweaks
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Jaswilliams. I was going to suggest 5.6 for EPAP min, but 6.0 wouldn't hurt. I might also raise the PS min to 3.0 and see if a few hypopnea drop off. It' great to see you drop in again and that thing are going well enough you are able to work such long hours. That's a heavy load. Considering where all of this started, you're doing great!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4004]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll give it a whirl. Yea, from where I was before, I’m doing fantastic. It was awful awful. Now I just need to keep the full face mask on. Not sure why it’s so irritating to me, it keeps getting worse and worse so I switch to nasal. Tucking the pillow underneath my chin helps with the leaks sort of. Either way!  I’ll make those changes you guys suggested And report back! Smile

Rg
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 605 Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,527 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 359 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,407 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 618 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 296 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.