Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New HDM Z1 Auto...anyone have one yet?
RE: New HDM Z1 Auto...anyone have one yet?
drcolema

I Sent you a private message
Post Reply Post Reply
Have any Z1 owners compared the disposable filter with anything available by the yard at a fabric store? Just as a price savings option?

I'm contemplating buying the Transcend or the Z1 as a travel machine. I had the idea that the Z1 was judged Not Ready For Prime Time yet .... but this thread seems to show some fairly happy users. Maybe I'll re-consider and put the Z1 back on the table as an option again.

Dont-know
bgDeb
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope, I actually don't change my filter often but I suppose if one lives in a dusty area it may need regular changing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used my Z1 Auto for about thirty days and recently checked the filter. I live in a relatively dusty area and after thirty days I couldn't see enough dust on the filter to warrant a change yet, so you can expect at least thirty days if not more out of a single filter.....HDM's recommendation is 30days, but mine looked very clean at the thirty day mark.

Based on that I don't see the filters being a big expense, I wouldn't think trying to come up with a home-made filter would be worth the effort.

Just one other side note on the Z1......last week I did an online chat session with an HDM rep on their web site, I asked about the timing on when the noise muffler that has been mentioned here on this forum. The answer I got was somewhat vague and they simply said sometime this summer......that's all I could get from them, so I am expecting at least another month or so.......kinda disappointing, but it is what it is, eh
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2015, 10:45 PM)under pressure Wrote: Just one other side note on the Z1......last week I did an online chat session with an HDM rep on their web site, I asked about the timing on when the noise muffler that has been mentioned here on this forum. The answer I got was somewhat vague and they simply said sometime this summer......that's all I could get from them, so I am expecting at least another month or so.......kinda disappointing, but it is what it is, eh
I hope it wont be that long. I've been using the prototype since about November and I am now testing the pre-production unit. I'll let you know how that goes by the end of the week.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2015, 07:48 PM)bill-e Wrote: I hope it wont be that long. I've been using the prototype since about November and I am now testing the pre-production unit. I'll let you know how that goes by the end of the week.

That would be great Bill,

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2015, 07:48 PM)bill-e Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 10:45 PM)under pressure Wrote: Just one other side note on the Z1......last week I did an online chat session with an HDM rep on their web site, I asked about the timing on when the noise muffler that has been mentioned here on this forum. The answer I got was somewhat vague and they simply said sometime this summer......that's all I could get from them, so I am expecting at least another month or so.......kinda disappointing, but it is what it is, eh
I hope it wont be that long. I've been using the prototype since about November and I am now testing the pre-production unit. I'll let you know how that goes by the end of the week.

I use the Z1A for mainly motorcycle trips, space is pretty tight. Can you describe the size? Any idea on when it could be available? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I cant discuss the exact size yet but there will be no issue in traveling with this at all. It is small.
Spent my first night with the production unit (and the prototype) and can say that there is no difference in performance between the two units. I am very happy as I was worried that since the prototype was pretty large, the much smaller production unit wouldn't work as well.....it does work well, actually the same as the prototype.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear........i hope it becomes available soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 08:59 PM)Gabe21 Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 07:48 PM)bill-e Wrote:

I use the Z1A for mainly motorcycle trips, space is pretty tight. Can you describe the size? Any idea on when it could be available? Thanks

If you were to leave the unit attached to the hose, including its adapter which is a short piece of hose (<6"), the entire length of your hose would increase about 9". The body of the unit itself is less than 3" long and maybe an inch and a quarter in diameter. I dont actually have a ruler with me to measure it. In any case in 2 pieces I cant imagine one couldn't find a space for it and left attached to the hose it will easily coil up with it for storage.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) hegel 10 2,216 05-23-2020, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Dreamstation Auto SV VS Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV auto EPAP RLSdss 3 1,836 12-20-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How to go from Fixed to Auto Pressure - Dreamstation CPAP Auto pumpkin 2 1,195 11-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed AirSense 10 [how to turn auto/on auto/off feature off?] IsrvChrist 3 19,511 05-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.