Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - AHI Question
New Here - AHI Question
I have been using my CPAP Machine for several years.  I have a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset machine.  I use the Phillips DreamWear nasal mask.  I have been using the myAir App to record my sleep for the last few months.  I am finding that my events per hour are on average 10-12 per hour.  After reading some of your posts, I think this is bad.  Is it? and if so, what do I do to help that.  Thanks and I am glad I found this website!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Here - AHI Question
I would download the sleepyhead program, to see what is going on
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it an App or does it run off your computer? Can I put it on my phone?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 07:01 AM)chartow Wrote: Is it an App or does it run off your computer?  Can I put it on my phone?

It is a program (not an app) that you download the information from your machine's SD card to. SH then compiles it in graphic format with the detailed information about times and types of events. 

You can download the SleepyHead software from the link at the top of the page.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to search and find Robysue's Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead, it will guide you through the program
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 07:01 AM)chartow Wrote: Is it an App or does it run off your computer?  Can I put it on my phone?

Hi Chartow,
The #SleepyHead software will run off your computer.  Once you have it set up, follow the tutorial in my signature line in how to organize graphs and upload here.  You will be able to do so after about 4 posts.

Yes, your AHI is a little high, and there is definitely room for improvement.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I downloaded the SleepyHead program and uploaded my SD Card.  Not sure how to read except it looks bad.  If the company that gives you the machine is supposed to monitor it, why don't they tell me or my doctor.  Don't understand this whole thing.  Been using it for years and now it looks like I'm no better then without it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead is the way to go. I never cared for the  Grin or Angry . Turning essentials to plus on your machine helps. But sleepyhead helped me very much. I would wake at night and look at the clock, then the next day look at sleepyhead. You will be able to see what was going on before and after you wake up and go back to sleep. Follow the links at the bottom of OpalRose's post. The Apnea Board Moderator's and the Advisory Member's won't steer you wrong.
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply
You should reach the post count soon where you can post Imgur links. Just reply on a couple more threads and you should be there. Then post your Sleepyhead stats for a couple of nights so that we can look at the actual data. It will be hard for us to make recommendations until then because it really depends on a number of factors as to what your pressure recommendations should be.

Take heart. You will be able to get help here and solid recommendations on what to do to improve your AHI number. I can virtually guarantee it.
Post Reply Post Reply
chartow,
Look at the Useful Links below for a better understanding of SleepyHead and the best practices to post the snapshots here.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,423 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.