Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
Trying to reply to both..

I will up min pressure to 9, I'm still finding it a bit difficult to exhale against the pressure so I think I'll leave flex at 3 for now until I get more used to it.

I do not have a heated hose, I've ordered the suggested heated hose and fleece cover from Amz, I'll need to find better routing options for my hose as right now the system is bed level sitting on a night stand and the hose runs almost completely level. It's been comfortable, not pulling or getting snagged on anything, I'll see what I can do I guess.

As always, I appreciate the help from all, you guys are more engaged than my doctor for sure, 3 nights and not even a single call/text/email to see how I'm doing..
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is an idea for you. My unit is inside the nightstand drawer and the tube routed from the back with the tube suspended from the headboard/wall.  Your setup will vary, but finding a way to route the tube upwards is the key to avoiding the worst of condensation rain-out. Regarding Flex, the maximum pressure reduction provided by Philips is 2-cm at either a setting of 2 or 3. The main difference is timing of the pressure reduction. When I had a Philips machine I did not find a Flex setting of 3 synced as well, and increased some events. Anyway, it won't change the so-called EPAP pressure. Here is the A-Flex wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/A-Flex

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28461]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Roger that, thanks.

I didn't know we could put the machine in a drawer, I was concerned about overheating, I'll do that as well Smile

OK, let me see how the change in min pressure works tonight and tomorrow I will adjust flex, so far I am trending in the right direction, and it's all because of you guys !
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the drawer setup of 7-8 years with several machines. I drilled a 2-inch hole in the back with a hole-saw. The cabinet is not air-tight, and the opening for the tube and power gives plenty of make-up air. The advantage is that when I remove the mask from the headboard, you can't tell there is a CPAP in the room. The disadvantage is it takes a little longer to remove everything for travel. If I was doing it again, I would probably use the top drawer. I'm sure you know, but you cannot route the tube and power through the side. The drawer must be able to slide fore and aft. I do run this with the drawer closed, but open it to maintain the humidifier chamber and get the data card.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ha - of course you can't run it through the side - LOL, I'm sure some idiot has tried Smile

Ok, so no heat concerns, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The good thing on hanging that hose in an inverted V like this is most rainout can't collect in the hose, and what does will drain back to the PAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2021, 11:32 AM)tsitalon1 Wrote: Ha - of course you can't run it through the side - LOL, I'm sure some idiot has tried Smile

Ok, so no heat concerns, thanks!

I was trying to be kind, but I have learned the hard way, that advise needs to be added. Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Update - Getting better Smile

This is with Min 9, still flex 3, Humidty fixed/2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The biggest thing I'm seeing is CA counts. About the only thing is maybe dropping flex and see if that helps. Unless you're getting well rested status now.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Moved min to 9.5, left flex at 3 for now, lets see if I keep trending in the right direction. Once I hit a wall, I'll lower flex to see if that helps.

Heated hose and cover should be here tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.