Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
Been doing any carpentry on your night stand?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
no, looking at buying a new nightstand anyway, and I will modify it Smile

I found a way to make the hose come about 12" up and then out, so I think I'm ok.
Post Reply Post Reply
Terrible night last night, I don't believe it's from the fact that I upped min pressure to 9.5 or increased humidity to 3.

I'm obviously not an Oscar expert, but I believe it's from the mask leaking, do you guys agree?

Also I need to note that I woke up with a nostril completely stopped up, I did turn on the ceiling fan last night so I have no idea if that played a part or not.

Needless to say I'm exhausted this morning.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Mask leaks, higher pressure and greater pressure fluctuations and sleep disruptions and arousals will often increase CA events. I have encouraged you to get away from that A-Flex setting of 3, and CA should be reduced if you take that suggestion. I also suspect a positional apnea problem, because obstructive events are starting to show some clustering. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea Be sure your pillows or sleep position do not favor chin-tucking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been hesitant to decrease flex because I'm finding it hard to exhale against higher pressures, so unless you see a problem with my logic, I think I will:
Reduce Max pressure to 11
Reduce Flex to 2

My pillow is not very tall and is very soft, I think I'm a long ways away from chin tuck. We've had great success so far, moving from AHI 18 to 6, so I'd like to explore more CPAP options before strapping more things to my body that make it more difficult to sleep.

I hear you and I'm not trying to be a rebellious child, just trying to find a way to maximize CPAP configuration before moving to other things, and as stated earlier we have been making much progress so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's fine. Just remember that 11-cm of CPAP pressure is only 0.156 psi. It isn't much, but many people perceive the pressure is higher, especially where a leak is present. Think of the pressure it takes to blow air air submerged in a 4-inch deep glass of water...it's less than that. Your problem is not where I would send you to get a soft cervical collar, just doing a check on sleep position. Reducing Flex to 2 will not increase the expiration pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I've gone with 9-11.5 and flex2, I also get my heated hose today.

I went ahead and ordered the full face mask for those days my nose plugs up before bedtime.

While you are right, in real-world numbers the pressure may not be that high, the perceived pressure makes me feel like a hot-air balloon, but I also agree it's because of mask leaks.

And thank you again, I am appreciative of your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
You will find the heated tube gives you some new humidity options and should be more comfortable. I just got a new fleece tube cover today and put it on over a new heated tube. My old cover was at least 8 years old and was getting more scratchy. The new Snugglehose is long enough to completely cover the tube and mask tube and seems very soft without Velcro at the ends. I'm going to use the old tube and cover for travel so I don't have to fish it in and out of the drawer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Whelp....USPS lost my heated hose Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean? It hasn't been 45 days yet!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.