Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
HA - let me rephrase, tracking shows it was delivered with 2 other packages (all via USPS), but only 2 packages are physically in my possession.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nevermind, they delivered 2 packages to my front door, then hours later brought the 3rd package and put it in my mailbox (hours after it had already been marked as delivered)... very strange, but at least I have my heated hose now Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Just as you were getting accustomed to waterboarding. Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL, exactly !
Post Reply Post Reply
Aside from the mask leaks, I would call this success.  Perhaps I need the large nasal cushion vs the current medium... but the DME only gave me one size..

Thoughts on this log?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That is successful compared to the 13.8 AHI of the other night, and I assume you have the humidity issues sorted out. At this point the CA events are the most prevalent part of the AHI, so until that comes down as you adapt, an increase in pressure is not warranted. It's always good to try other sizes. I forget what mask you are using. I have the Airfit P10 and on that one, I usually recommend increasing size for most users.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Roger that, I'll leave pressures alone and if I see AHI go up because of CA events, I'll look at another pillow or collar.

No humidity issues that I'm noticing, no water in my tube and nose not dry/clogged, so I think I'm good.

I use the Dreawear Nasal, not the pillows, just the nasal. Using the sizing guide I printed from this forum, my nose is kind of between M and L.
Post Reply Post Reply
Starting to wonder if this medium nasal mask is the right size,  I really want to like this mask since it's such a minimal mask and very comfortable to wear, this is with the mask snugged up fairly tight, maybe too tight...IDK.

Always feels fine when I go to sleep, but obviously movement is causing issues

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Don't sit around and overthink this. A DreamWear Nasal Mash Cushion Large costs all of $8.67 on Amazon. There is also a Medium-Wide option.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Not to get too personal here, but I believe the medium may be too wide for me...

I notice if I move the cushions just slightly left or right I can make it leak, the medium cushion opening is ~30mm wide and my nostrils are 26mm wide.

With this info, it seems a small might be the best fit, but i ordered both S & L, to be safe.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.