Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
Much shorter sleep cycle, was called by my job so this is a small sample for tonight, however 9/9 seems to work for me.

Maybe I'll try this again tonight.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Keep at it. Events remain obstructive, so 9.5 is your next step if the CA does not reappear. It is fairly common that we need to retrace our steps and remove the auto-CPAP from the mix. It is really interesting that fixed pressure really suppresses those events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a brief experience with CA and the DreamStation APAP. When I was first starting I could not get my CA and AHI's down. I finally turned off "Flex" (A-Flex, I believe). The first night was a little rough to get used to, but by the second night my AHI had dropped from ~18 to consistently below 3 and the overall pressure was somewhat lower too.

I found the ramp and Flex settings to drastically increase AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2021, 07:59 PM)NorthernGuy Wrote: Just a brief experience with CA and the DreamStation APAP.  When I was first starting I could not get my CA and AHI's down.  I finally turned off "Flex" (A-Flex, I believe).  The first night was a little rough to get used to, but by the second night my AHI had dropped from ~18 to consistently below 3 and the overall pressure was somewhat lower too.

I found the ramp and Flex settings to drastically increase AHI.

Thank you, I will keep this is mind, I prefer to find a way to keep things in check with Flex enabled, I believe I'm getting close.

If I fail to reach my desired results, I will turn off flex to see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, so 2nd night with pressure at 9/9, but this time a much larger sample size.

I believe 9/9 is getting me very close, but I'm going to try 9.5/9.5 tonight to see if AHI goes up or down.

Post Reply Post Reply
We are starting to see more CA in at 9.0. That may be an indication you are reaching a crossover point.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like what Sleeprider has mentioned to me also. You're close to the edge where therapy may begin to diminish. 2 questions I've got, Q1 does turning Ramp off help things as this is probably increasing pressure swings? It's adding in a 6-9 changing pressure situation. Q2 has hypopnea been determined to be obstructive or central based? They can be either, and this may further identify therapy actions in future.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well looky there Smile

Going to stay on these setting for a few nights to check consistency, unless you guys have other suggetions.

Post Reply Post Reply
You should expect some volatility in the CA events, but this seems to be an effective pressure for the compromise we were looking for. You've done well to maintain patience and discipline through a fairly difficult titration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, and thank you for your help!

Do you think we should aim to improve, or is this an acceptable landing spot for my specific case?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.