Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
At this point it's a good idea to slow down enough that you don't mistake a single night result as a baseline to compare against. I think you continue to work with it, but give it 2-3 nights on settings. There is no rush, and things have really improved.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They sure have, thanks again !
Post Reply Post Reply
My take: build a trend of a few days, if you don't do good to well 2-3 days in a row it's not going to later.
-OR-
Congrats on the good chart, next trick is to repeat it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guess go back down to 9/9 ?

Had to work late night on 2/1, so not much sleep there..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Not necessarily. As we discussed the central aspect of your therapy is going to be consistently inconsistent. That is the rationale behind letting things settle for several days rather than jumping to conclusion on the basis of only one or two. As you point out, this night is not a typical sample and you had to work. That will increase sleep disruption and affect your events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, I'll give it through the rest of the week at these settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a suggestion if you'd like to keep busy on therapy but not settings right now. Get a notebook and write something like a sleep diary that includes OSCAR data but does not need to be charts, number data is fine, how you felt during and after sleep sessions, if you felt fatigued then why you think so, add discomfort, complaints, anything positive about it too, link good or bad to data, and info bits similar that you can use for your PAP therapy cause to get the best results. If you can sketch past info OK do you're best but write it from here at least.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try, thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome and hope things start trending better.
Post Reply Post Reply
No change in pressures still 9.5/9.5, I know you said it would change, but I have no idea why its changing by ~3 AHI's from night to night.

I don't see any more leaks on the newest graphs, in fact the graph from the night before with 6.x AHI seems to have less leaks to me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.