Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
About all I can tell you, is that this setting seems to have balanced the CA and obstructive events evenly. That is about as good as it gets unless we travel down the dark path of EERS, which will probably eliminate any residual CA events http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ace_(EERS)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting read.

Can a Dreamware nasal mask be modified to support EERS? Or does EERS require a different system completely?

It seems constant pressure has helped me, but I can't help but wonder if I should try 9.5/10.

Or do we think the previous variance in pressure was actually causing events for me?
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I've seen and experienced, variable pressures might cause or elevate CA if it's not ASV. This is generically speaking, as everyone has little twists in their therapy that makes it uniquely their own. That's why cookie cutter treatment and one size fits all approaches will almost always fail to succeed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I agree with you as it seems that's what I saw earlier in my treatment before I went to constant pressure.

Is it me or does the graph from last night look like the events are being caused by the small leaks?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Most likely IMO is events are causing pressures to go up and leaks result. If true, a need to address proper mask fitting and strap adjustments will be needed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've switched to the small dreamware frame and nasal cushion and it fits better than the medium, I hear no leaks during testing/laying down while awake and I pass the leak test.. so I'm not sure why it would leak, but it doesn't seem like large leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2021, 09:17 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I also suspect a positional apnea problem, because obstructive events are starting to show some clustering.  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea  Be sure your pillows or sleep position do not favor chin-tucking.

Such a good article. Off to buy a SCC this eve.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I tried 10/10 for awhile and it's not working at all, consistently higher AHI, but I guess we knew that would happen anyway. Going back down to 9.5/9.5.

Also seeing more leaks, I do see some mouth breathing here, guess I'll tighten the nasal mask and see if these leaks go back down as I was not leaking this bad before

I'm still waking up with migraines in the middle of the night that last 8-10hrs and no medicine in the world has ever helped them..

just ordered a Wellue O2 ring to track SPo2 and see if that's triggering the headaches...so far 10+ years and no neurologist has been able to pinpoint the source of my headaches.

headache signature is - go to bed feeling fine - wake up between 0300-0500 with killer headache, again that will last 8-10hrs..

Suspecting SPo2 and/or MSG in diet, though I do not get headaches every time I consume MSG.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure what to say on the chart. It appears to me the fatal flaws from Philips is showing. Not quite fast enough to respond, and when it does, it responds ill-timed or otherwise somehow butt fumbles the ball on the goal line. So it's just over 5 AHI, but my guess is it's not producing good rest.

Not trying to be all negative, but my answer if this were me is get a ResMed.

Regardless I'm thinking you're still in a trial and error to find the elusive setting combo that makes your therapy produce a well rested status. Unfortunately I don't have the secret code for this. I think you've reasonably tried what you can with this PAP.

On the headaches, I'd say it sounds like oxygen deprived versions of these via Apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
We still don't know if I need ASV or not right?

If buying a Resmed directly for $500-600 would fix all my issues, I'd buy it tomorrow with my own money, but I don't want to spend this money and be in a similar position..

Maybe best to follow up with neurologist to see if AVS is indeed needed.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.