Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
Anyway you can get your hands on a Resmed Autoset? Ask your supplier if they will rent one to you for a week. I'm really curious to see the difference you could get from the competition's auto CPAP. What part of the country are you in?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Called the DME and asked if I can rent one, was told it's been less than 30 days and they might allow me to trade for it.

Waiting on a call back, I am Central AL, close to Montgomery
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it may make all the difference for you. Can't lose, that's for sure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They will not do a trade since Insurance has already paid for my unit.

Best they can do is let me rent one for a month at $100/month, I'm going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

you'll have to tell me the best config based on data analysis from the Phillips as a starting point I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I think it makes sense to start with variable pressure and use the pressure support and see where that takes us.
Mode: Autoset or Autoset Soft
Minimum Pressure: 9.0
Maximum Pressure: 14.0
EPR: On, Full time
EPR setting: 3

I think this might be a good investment. If you like the machine, I know of a very lightly used machine (if at all) in Pensacola for $200, and one in Columbus GA with just over 1400 hours for $200. A new unit is $589, and you can trade yours to get it much lower at Supplier #2 and lightly used for less. If it works...
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good, please PM me the details/contact info to the one in Pensacola, if it's in the condition you say it's in, I might just buy it anyway..
Post Reply Post Reply
All you have to do is do a search on SearchTempest for CPAP machine or Resmed CPAP and it will come up in those States. SearchTempest lets you search Craigslist listings in any mile radius range you set. You will see the listings and contact information. For out-of-town sales I contact the seller, and ask for an image of the screen with run-hours, verify no-smoking verify the model (Autoset model 37028) and pay through PayPal or other protected payment system. CPAP machines don't seem to be a target of scams at this point.

I may have misread the ad. On second look it is coming up at $300 ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP Machine..Like New - $300 (Seffner, FL)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Slightly gun shy about Craigslist, found a lady in my area on FB marketplace with one for $250, at least I can go look at it and see it before I pay.

I guess let me see how the rental goes first..
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure changing to ResMed will be night and day difference. Keep us updated on the rental trial.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.