Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
Best one so far on the Phillips machine, maybe's it's nervous I'm going to replace it Smile

Pressures back down to 9.5/9.5

Tonight we will see how the Resmed compares!

I do see a trend, on almost every night's logs I posted, I see increased AHI towards the end of my sleep, is that just because of REM or something else?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
How did you feel after that? A shame it can't do that more often. It looks better so yeah the Philips is probably feeling the replacement heat.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I felt much better, best night's sleep in awhile, in fact I work up an hour early since I felt so rested.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bottle the feeling, you might need to get some of that stored good feeling back later.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey hey hey, you don't have to live up to your forum name now Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2021, 07:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well, I think it makes sense to start with variable pressure and use the pressure support and see where that takes us.
Mode: Autoset or Autoset Soft
Minimum Pressure: 9.0
Maximum Pressure: 14.0
EPR: On, Full time
EPR setting: 3

I think this might be a good investment. If you like the machine, I know of a very lightly used machine (if at all) in Pensacola for $200, and one in Columbus GA with just over 1400 hours for $200.  A new unit is $589, and you can trade yours to get it much lower at Supplier #2 and lightly used for less. If it works...

Do I need to use a specific mask setting for the dreamware nasal mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask settings are easier with Resmed. Set it to Pillows, Nasal or Full Face as appropriate.

Remember the first night on a Resmed is a learning experience as it was on the Dreamstation. We don't know how you will respond to the variable pressure. We will find out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well as it turns out they gave me an air curve 10 not an auto set.

If I'm not mistaken this is an ASV type system can I configure it for normal APAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
Below the "AirCurve 10" on the lower right, what does it say?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look on the bottom right front, the metallic words. It says...?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.