Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
The Aircurve 10 Vauto is my machine. It is the state of the art for treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and flow limitation. With the Vauto, we have a true auto-bilevel machine with fully adjustable pressure support, and inspiratory timing and trigger/cycle controls, but no backup rate like an ASV or ST. It is a major step up.

I am going to translate the settings I gave you for an autoset for use with the Vauto. With the Vauto, we have unlimited ability to add pressure support to address flow limits and hypopnea.

Mode: Vauto
Minimum EPAP Pressure: 6.0
Maximum Pressure: 14.0
Pressure Support: 3.0
Trigger Sensitivity: High (Something you can't do with the Autoset, but we will do it anyway to avoid CA).

All other settings default:
Ti Min: 0.3
Ti Max: 2.0
Cycle Sensitivity: Medium
Humidity: 3 or 4
Climate Control Auto (unless you have a heated tube)
Essentials: Plus.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It says Vauto
Post Reply Post Reply
It is not an ASV. It is an auto bi-level machine. The settings that Sleeprider provided above are aimed at that specific model.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, it's a big step up certainly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, applying these setting now !
Post Reply Post Reply
You've got the secret code to get into the clinical menu right?

Click/hold dial and home, hold for about 5 seconds.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2021, 05:09 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Aircurve 10 Vauto is my machine. It is the state of the art for treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and flow limitation.  With the Vauto, we have a true auto-bilevel machine with fully adjustable pressure support, and inspiratory timing and trigger/cycle controls, but no backup rate like an ASV or ST.  It is a major step up.  

I am going to translate the settings I gave you for an autoset for use with the Vauto.  With the Vauto, we have unlimited ability to add pressure support to address flow limits and hypopnea.

Mode: Vauto
Minimum EPAP Pressure: 6.0
Maximum Pressure: 14.0
Pressure Support: 3.0
Trigger Sensitivity: High (Something you can't do with the Autoset, but we will do it anyway to avoid CA).

All other settings default:
Ti Min: 0.3
Ti Max: 2.0
Cycle Sensitivity: Medium
Humidity: 3 or 4
Climate Control Auto (unless you have a heated tube)
Essentials: Plus.

I have the climate line air hose, the climate control setting didn't show up until I plugged the house in, so should I set climate control to auto or manual?
Post Reply Post Reply
Climate is personal preference. You may need to try both Auto and Manual. Manual tends to increase humidity for me which I wanted that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try auto initially and see how that feels.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the climate in manual mode at 4 with tube temp at 80 in winter. Works great, and delivers most of the humidity chamber capacity in 9 hours. If you like less humidity, reduce the humidity setting. I'm in a cold, low-humidity winter area in PA with no whole house humidification. Your ambient temperature and humidity might call for a lower setting of 3.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.