Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
Adding a bit in after Sleeprider's comment. Staying out of the way, that's why you don't take the chart literal and say my I:E is this. If you'd do that, the Ti Min & Max are in the way. You'd artificially close the spontaneous breath window.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2021, 11:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: 0.3 to 2.0 are default settings and seem to match your respiration pretty well.  Increasing Ti Min is done mostly when an individual fails to maintain inspiration after it has started, and a shorter Ti Max is often set when a person has COPD or needs more time reserved for expiration, so the short time cycles the patient to expiration sooner.  You seem to have no problems with spontaneous respiration with appropriate timing, so the default settings mostly just stay out of the way of that.

Seems we cross posted.

Ok, thank you for the explanation !

Seems adjusting these won't help in my case then.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2021, 11:38 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Adding a bit in after Sleeprider's comment. Staying out of the way, that's why you don't take the chart literal and say my I:E is this. If you'd do that, the Ti Min & Max are in the way. You'd artificially close the spontaneous breath window.

Gotcha, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
There's an unwritten rule that Apnea treatment requires trial and error, so much so that it needs to include lots of error that makes it a trial. So more or less you're par for the course as it were. You're still fairly new to PAP and it takes a while to reprogram yourself for a new normal. No of course normal didn't include an alien mask blowing on your face and its hose tail. But that's what our Apnea normal becomes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't seem to find that sad or angry button for your post - Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry Mornincoffee Hate-cpap Crying-into-tissue

There's a few for you. Give it a little bit more time. PAP therapy will be a breeze.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great-info - LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems I get an acceptable seal on my medium Dreamware FF mask, going to try it tonight with the Resmed set to 8/10.6.

Fingers crossed, here's hoping the mask stay seals throughout the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the ResMed with Phillips FF mask, aborted last night.

I can't get this Resmed to work out well for me, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, going back to my dreamstation and Nasal mask for tonight for sure.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Let's increase the maximum pressure from 11.4 to 14.0. Your apnea are all obstructive and look like they are positional, but higher EPAP pressure is the answer to obstructive events like this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.