Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
Life without CPAP...

Nose was so congested last night BEFORE bedtime that I really couldn't use my therapy, so I went to bed without it.

The attached is the result.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
In allergy season I use Flonase. Sleep without the pressure is not an option for me, so I make it work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been trying NasaCort with limited success.

My nose only has congestion right before bedtime, it's like a cruel joke, so I'm not 100% sure it's allergies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Slept extra long this night b/c didn't get much sleep the night before, I don't think I could get much better than this.

Thinking I shouldn't change a thing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes patience is a virtue. Your therapy is steadily improving, and the fixed pressures with EPR are working well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update, still doing well, upped pressure slightly to 10.2.

Really miss the smart start/stop that's available in vAuto mode, may try to move to that mode just for that functionality again.

Not sure why Resmed locks that out in CPAP mode..

Post Reply Post Reply
Really good looking results now. Of course your settings in Vauto or VPAP S mode are: EPAP min 8.2, PS 2, Max pressure 10.2 or simply EPAP 8.2, IPAP 10.2 in S mode, which is probably the better bet.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
This looks good, likely one of the best charts you've shown. You could make Auto or S as a tight range if that's what you want or need. But just for smart start? Sometimes smart start and stop doesn't like certain masks, which means manually pushing the power button. I've never bothered with it myself. Of course it's your choice.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you guys!

Yep, it's just that the system is in a drawer tucked away, and less convenient to open the drawer to push the button.... I know, I know, 1st world problems.. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Build a PAP remote control. A new twist on volume up/down.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.