Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Should I ajudst pressure settings?
New Here - Should I ajudst pressure settings?
Background :

I started therapy back in March 2022 with great success. I am a 23 year old male, fit, and was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea. My fatigue went away within a fairly short period and was feeling great unit about August. My Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset fell off my desk and broke. I went 2 days without until a rental Airsense 11 Autoset arrived. Those were the only two days I went without my Cpap. Unlike most I had zero issues using my machine ever. This is where I started running into issues. While using this rental machine my fatigue seemed to worsen and worsen. I finally got a warranty replacement for my Airsense 11 three weeks ago. My fatigue still seems to be worsening and I am back to taking daily naps to compensate with heavy brainfog. Another note, I use phillips dreamware nasal pillows and mouth tape.

Previous to buying an SD card for my machine yesterday my only source of data was the MyAir app. My scores are always high 90s so I am not sure why this is happening. I just learned of this resource yesterday which is what prompted mt to buy an SD card and install Oscar.

Note: This is my first data point from Oscar. Last night was a bit unorthodox where I had gotten up to go to the bathroom about three times and was awoken by my cat once. Usually I sleep all night and will update with more data. I just found out about this forum and am positing with the hope that it may be an obvious fix that I can start implementing tonight.

Is there anything I should adjust from my auto settings? Everything is on auto including pressure and ramp. The pressure range is 4.0-15.0

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Here - Should I ajudst pressure settings?
Welcome to the forum.

First your numbers are awesome.
I'd like you to flatten pressure curve via setting modifications

Set min pressure =7 to allow full therapeutic use of EPR

Set EPR=3, Fulltime

Turn Ramp off. At these pressures you shouldn't need it. If you need ramp set it to 6 and cut back time.

Finally repost the first charts and let's see how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much! Will do. I will record data tonight and report back. Honestly I didn't like ramp because its a little uncomfortable breathing with the pressure only at 4. Excited to try these settings!
Post Reply Post Reply
frankly, I don't see the need to adjust the settings. you are getting the needed therapy, and your machine is giving you about an EPR of 1. The pressure is not boosted automatically even to 7. Based on that and your comments, I would limit any adjustment to eliminating the ramp, and have starting pressure of anywhere between 5.0 and 6.0 and keep the EPR set at 1.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.

p.s. Your chart looks like you were in REM sleep at about 1:20 and 2:55. this is where tidal volume and respiration rate show deviations.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you QAL, I am trying to improve his comfort. The results will say which is best based on the OP's subjective feelings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2022, 01:45 PM)Gideon Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

First your numbers are awesome.
I'd like you to flatten pressure curve via setting modifications

Set min pressure =7 to allow full therapeutic use of EPR

Set EPR=3, Fulltime

Turn Ramp off.  At these pressures you shouldn't need it.  If you need ramp set it to 6 and cut back time.  

Finally repost the first charts and let's see how you feel.

Here is the data from Last night with your settings! So far I am feeling less fatigued after one night with these settings. My Apple watch also indicated better sleep statistics such as more deep sleep. I have attached the Oscar data below. If all looks well I think I am going to stick with these settings! Breathing was much more comfortable with the higher starting pressure and no ramp

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good. If you were using a BiLevel, and you certainly don't need one and I doubt your insurance would cover one, I would increase your PS(EPR) to 4. This would be to a bit better control your flow limits and your pressure increases.

Keep these settings for at least 3 days so things stabilize then try increasing your min to 8 and then repost and let us know your impressions. Again I'm looking for comfort not efficacy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,564 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 448 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 363 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 316 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 363 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.