Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Hose; 28.5 AHI!
RE: New Hose; 28.5 AHI!
Gregger,

I use Flonase as well once a day before bed. I'm also on Xyzal and Singulair. Works well for me and I'm a year round allergy type.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2018, 08:34 PM)mdhampton Wrote: Also, don't you have to pick the type of mask you use? I know I did with my ResMed Air 10 auto. I don't know if it uses that information to determine pressure/leaks though. If you change in the middle of the night it may be confused.

I answered in the body of a response to Jesse, below, but in case you didn't see it: 

Yes, you do have to pick the type. And switching in the middle of the night entails turning off the machine, changing gear, and trying to remember to edit the Settings from Full Mask to Nasal Cushion. Like you, I am not sure how it affects machine operation. I'd guess it's an adjustment to an algorithm the machine uses to maintain the prescribed pressure setting, given the substantially larger air opening of a full mask vs just a nasal device.

Thanks, 

-- G.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2018, 07:52 AM)JesseLee Wrote: Gregger,

I use Flonase as well once a day before bed. I'm also on Xyzal and Singulair. Works well for me and I'm a year round allergy type.

That's quite an arsenal! My son used to use Singulair for his asthma. 

Do you use all three concurrently, and throughout the year, or do you combine them during peak allergy seasons/events?

Fortunately, I usually don't exhibit any asthma or "classic" allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, itchy throat, etc., except for a very occasional sneeze. I'm hoping Flonase "catches" (I understand it can take up to a full week for the benefits to really kick in) and allows me to keep using the Nasal Cushion.

2 shots of Flonase in each nostril last night seemed to do the job, and I had a good night...per My Air, 7:33 usage, good seal, and 1.8 AHI. I wish every night could be like that!
Post Reply Post Reply
Gregger,

Oustanding results! With practice you'll dread a night without your machine.

I use all 3 medications year round. Got the seasonal allergies and animal allergies. I don't leave home without an inhaler either.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,613 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 271 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 254 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 619 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,360 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 568 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 686 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.