Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Hose; 28.5 AHI!
RE: New Hose; 28.5 AHI!
I did use Mask Fit to check the seal. But I've done that quite often before without it showing up in any numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2018, 05:52 PM)mesenteria Wrote: We need to see some data.  Just a SWAG, but how about a large enough leak that it brought you 80% awake and you ripped off your mask in annoyance?

I think you may be right. Still not sure why the crazy high AHI, which I don't think would be triggered by a leak. Maybe an obstruction of some kind like a kink in the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I did use Mask Fit to check the seal. But I've done that quite often before without it showing up in any numbers.

You're quite right - the mask test is only for a couple of minutes max and I believe WW is correct in saying that it doesn't record events.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ron AKA Wrote:Explain this mess that I got when fitting my F20 then. At some point I may have stopped the mask fit, but from what I can see it recorded garbage through the whole time. I don't believe I slept a wink.

Judging by that you're not using the mask fit check correctly. You're only supposed to use it for a couple of minutes max when first putting the mask on. It has no - zero - nada - effect on your results for the rest of the night unless you left it on the whole time. I'm sorry, but what you have written is quite misleading.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gregger,

Hope you had a better nights rest. Please let us know how things go over the weekend and post some charts when you get a chance so we can get you fixed up.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2018, 08:09 AM)JesseLee Wrote: Gregger,

Hope you had a better nights rest. Please let us know how things go over the weekend and post some charts when you get a chance so we can get you fixed up.

Thank you Jesse I appreciate it. I did do better last night, and you will be glad to hear I took the Sleepyhead plunge.

5 hours 20 minutes on nasal cushion, good fit, with 3.54 AHI until my nose got stopped up; then,

1 hours 6 minutes on full face mask, good fit, with 11.82 AHI. Wife reported occasional snore.

This follows a trend of not getting good results with the face mask. Anyway, I downloaded Sleepyhead and my machine data in order to get those statistics. Issues:
  • Sleepyhead "daily" view shows only the summary in left hand column (below calendar), but NO CHARTS in the large area to the right which is blank with a cartoon sheep in the middle. See image attached.
  • Even though the setting is to combine sessions that are 240 mins. apart or less, these are showing up as separate.
  • On the "Overview" page, only the short session (1:06) is shown with its very high AHI number.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2018, 05:04 PM)gregger Wrote:
  • Sleepyhead "daily" view shows only the summary in left hand column (below calendar), but NO CHARTS in the large area to the right which is blank with a cartoon sheep in the middle.

At the risk of repeating this, make sure that you have the "Essentials" option is set to "Plus".  .  . I think. Oh! The Sheep's name is Bob.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2018, 05:18 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 05:04 PM)gregger Wrote:
  • Sleepyhead "daily" view shows only the summary in left hand column (below calendar), but NO CHARTS in the large area to the right which is blank with a cartoon sheep in the middle.

At the risk of repeating this, make sure that you have the "Essentials" option is set to "Plus".  .  . I think.  Oh! The Sheep's name is Bob.

Thanks. If you mean in the Machine settings, yes, I do. 

Under the cartoon of Bob, at bottom, is the line  "  Summary Only  :Sad  "
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2018, 11:15 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Ron AKA Wrote:Explain this mess that I got when fitting my F20 then. At some point I may have stopped the mask fit, but from what I can see it recorded garbage through the whole time. I don't believe I slept a wink.

Judging by that you're not using the mask fit check correctly. You're only supposed to use it for a couple of minutes max when first putting the mask on. It has no - zero - nada - effect on your results for the rest of the night unless you left it on the whole time. I'm sorry, but what you have written is quite misleading.

I am not trying to mislead anyone. I am only trying to help the original poster. To that end I described what I did and how I got garbage results. Perhaps the OP did something similar. By the way, I am not looking for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ron, Actually you need all the help you can get. Stop typing and start listening to what the monitors and moderators are telling you. You'll learn something.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need best way to secure my hose/tube sleepingbetterinFl 2 90 04-21-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,724 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 299 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 272 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 654 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,396 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 577 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.