Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Hose; 28.5 AHI!
New Hose; 28.5 AHI!
Hi all,

Relatively new (less than 1 month!) user here. My machine and I have been doing good; I started using the Phillips Dreamwear nasal cushion, but nasal congestion of late has forced me into the same brand's new full face mask which fits to the same type frame. That forced me to up the humidity, which forced me to go to a ClimateLine hose.

So I installed the new hose last night (borrowing the click-fit fitting for Dreamwear from the old hose to the new), checked it out, set machine to Full Mask, and went to sleep around midnight. 

Sleep report on machine shows I used it for 2-1/4 hours. I was awakened at 5 by my wife who said I was snoring and to roll over! I was quite surprised to find I had removed the mask in my sleep, I guess at 2:15 a.m. or so.

I put the mask back on and when to sleep until morning. My sleep report showed a total of 4:50 in usage time, Good mask seal, 3 mask on/off, and 28.5 EVENTS PER HOUR (vs my average to date of less than 5!!)

I don't have time this weekend to download and analyze Sleepyhead, but that's the goal. In the meantime, can anyone answer the question, what might have cause the machine to record 28.5 events?? If the number is 'real' then...did something change dramatically by addin a ClimateLine hose? It's a slim hose and I didn't check settings to see if it automatically switched the hose setting (my other hose is "Normal") but even then I can't imagine a slimmer hose trashing my therapy entirely.

Any ideas welcomed, and yes, I will download and run Sleepyhead on the data next week if I can. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Hose; 28.5 AHI!
We need to see some data.  Just a SWAG, but how about a large enough leak that it brought you 80% awake and you ripped off your mask in annoyance?

If you have sleepyhead software, please download your charts and post images of them here so that we can see whatha got in the way of evidence.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think I would make a lot of it just on one nights usage. That's a super high number but obviously it wasn't a typical night I don't think. If you keep scoring numbers like that, you should become very concerned.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you use the mask test feature? When I use that feature I get a ridiculous AHI. It jerks pressure all over the place and records events like crazy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2018, 06:32 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: Did you use the mask test feature? When I use that feature I get a ridiculous AHI. It jerks pressure all over the place and records events like cr
The machine doesn't record events during the mask test.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2018, 05:31 PM)gregger Wrote: Any ideas welcomed, and yes, I will download and run Sleepyhead on the data next week if I can.

Look at your CA index. I can't use a heated hose because it elevates my CA index.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2018, 06:38 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: The machine doesn't record events during the mask test.

Explain this mess that I got when fitting my F20 then. At some point I may have stopped the mask fit, but from what I can see it recorded garbage through the whole time. I don't believe I slept a wink.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask pressure tests at the maximum pressure set. In your case that was 12.6cm. As you can see on your chart after the mask test is completed the pressure goes to your minimum starting pressure and starts to record data. Your mask pressure test had nothing to do with the data displayed.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2018, 08:38 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Mask pressure tests at the maximum pressure set. In your case that was 12.6cm. As you can see on your chart after the mask test is completed the pressure goes to your minimum starting pressure and starts to record data. Your mask pressure test had nothing to do with the data displayed.

Regardless the end result was to record garbage and give a false AHI. It bypassed my normal auto ramp where no events are recorded while you are awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
That wasn't the mask test fault. That was poor planning on your part. All you had to do is turn off the machine once you tested the mask and than restart it.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,553 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.