Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Machine (DS2) and new to OSCAR
New Machine (DS2) and new to OSCAR
Just received my DreamStation2 under recall of my DreamStation.

Used Dream Mapper s/w with the DS but looking to switch to OSCAR with the new machine. In reality, I expect to run both in parallel for at least "a while".

I know I need to get access to the Alpha development version due to encryption. I have already sent that PM. But I have some "migration" questions.

1. I assume the alpha version will read either from DS or DS2
2. I have never previously directly accessed the SD card. Should I import all the data on the SD card from DS before inserting to DS2? (I assume all 4yr of my data is on the card)
3. If I just insert the SD card into DS2, does it start a new file or does it just continue adding new records to old file and encrypt all the data?
4. Once I have all the DS data on the SD card saved, should I just delete the existing DS file? I have no compliance issues so losing the data are not a specific issue beyond the therapy history contained.
5. Can OSCAR keep both DS and DS2 data in a single file/instance/profile/DB? Should I?

Anything else as a total noob I am missing to think about?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Machine (DS2) and new to OSCAR
1. Yes.
2. No need. Even if you did it with OSCAR 1.3.1, the alpha would re-import the DS1 data along with the DS2, as pre-release versions store their data separately so as not to risk damage to your data stored in the release version.
3. It essentially starts a new file and leaves the old data alone.
4. No need. The data format is very efficient: it's about 50MB/year, so even a 2GB card can hold about 40 years(!)
5. Yes, and I would. That makes it much easier to compare your therapy.

Just make sure your settings really do match your DS1. We've seen a lot of people getting DS2s with years-old prescriptions, or only the pressure set but not A-Flex, etc. Also note that the DS2 doesn't have a real ramp any more, it just stays at the low pressure until the time is up (unless it notices an apneic event, in which case it bumps up to therapeutic pressure immediately).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Machine (DS2) and new to OSCAR
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, read that about the no ramp ramp. Seems odd given that ramping was always sold as a strong feature. Maybe with APAP use it isn't as important now(??). Hopefully that is not an issue in my use. I am set as APAP 5 cmH2O to 20cmH20 but even thought my AHI was very severe (87 iirc), my typical 90% is <9cmH2O with and average of ~6cmH2O and an AHI typically ~1 or less with occasional nights up to 3 . So I hope there isn't a big noticeable jump given my ramp start was also 5cmH2O anyway.

Again, thanks for the reply.
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 236 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 509 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Different AHI reported by Oscar and my machine Pixel Ninja 9 1,384 06-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Setup of New Machine in OSCAR Melman 1 521 10-19-2022, 05:32 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Not able to open Oscar on a Window 10 machine John70 2 607 06-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR: Couldn't Find Valid Machine Data Kyriosjon 11 1,340 05-24-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Changing cpap machine settings in Oscar Sofie 5 2,033 03-26-2022, 11:24 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.