Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Machine - Feedback on the Data?
RE: New Machine - Feedback on the Data?
This is the point at which I simply say, you have arrived, and there is little more I can offer. Your strategies to resolve minor issues that arise, are very sound, and you are in the best position to assess their efficacy and comfort. This is an example of someone using the forum resources and getting sound advise to get started, then learning the important principles to self-manage the care. Well done!

If there is anything we can help with, just ask and we can bounce around ideas, but you are now the master of your own therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Machine - Feedback on the Data?
Hi Ajack, 
  • 90% & 95% always run away from me no matter the mins I set, so on the ASV I would be at Min EPAP 10.0 and still see 90% at 11.5.  I found more success studying & addressing the other pressure level consistencies at interesting points in the Flow Rate waveform (studying each recorded event and near-hypopneas).  Then after getting into the general ballpark working the EPAP and PS knobs together at the same time to fine tune. 
  • I fully agree with your statement that there is more than one way to skin a cat, and would recommend people who are unsatisfied and have hit a wall to look at other best practice approaches found in this forum as a possible set of next steps. 
  • I am seeing too much consistency to do much tweaking from the current settings.  As long as this approach keeps working I am mostly done.    Overtime as my body gets more used to the therapy I will try slight tuning to continue to lower average heart rate another 5-7 bpm and and lower average morning blood pressure back down another 7-8 points.   But for the most part I am mostly through tuning for now.

Sleeprider, 

In 50 days we have come so wonderfully far from painfully high pressures and an wildly varying AHIs  4.8-13.5 on the APAP.  

You guys, the community and the info in all the FAQs, and other threads have been so helpful.  

Thank You All so Much!!!

Thanks 

Last Night & the Month's results Pasted in below..   

[Image: Rerny3e.png]

[Image: kfpVMyH.png]

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Erasing data on machine sleepingbetterinFl 8 228 03-11-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 350 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 537 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Feedback on OSCAR data Jobaaayyy 13 770 11-27-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.