Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Machine - Numbers Don't Match
RE: New Machine - Numbers Don't Match
Last night is an example. I forgot once again to insert my SD card. My sleepyhead number is 0.72. I knew this was wrong, so I checked with ResScan. This is the correct numbers:

[Image: SIw1DlA.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I just updated my earlier post to explain why ResScan shows the correct numbers and SleepyHead doesn't.  In summary:  

1.  If you don't have the SD Card in the machine while you're using the machine, the detailed data from that time period is not recorded and is lost forever.  However, the AirSense 10 will keep the summary data and will transfer it to the SD Card when it is inserted later.

2.  ResScan reads both the summary data and the detailed data from the AirSense 10's SD Card.  So, ResScan should always match the summary data shown on the machine.

3.  SleepyHead only reads the detailed data and then computes its own summary.  If there's no detailed data, or incomplete detailed data, SleepyHead's summary will not match the summary data shown on the AirSense 10's display or in ResScan.
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense to me.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense to me too.  Thanks folks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to comments from members of this Board, and some tweaking of the machine, I am now reliably in the 1.75 to 2.8 AHI range with the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.  But, I had to add a chin strap.  My leak data and experience with my new mask led to a bingo that the problem might be my big open mouth. Why that was not seriously affecting my experience with my Repironics machines in the past, who knows (except for different masks).  Now, last question, my internist (not a sleep doc) prescribed 2 l/min of supplemental oxygen based upon my history of spO2 at or around 89-91 while awake at 7200', and history of hypopnea during sleep. The hypopnea is obviously way down now with the Resmed.  Are there any harmful effects long term from this amount of low flow oxygen? Or is it no harm, no foul? I have tried to read about this, but the articles generally are CPAP v. O2, one or the other in terms of effectiveness with OA.

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
The added Oxygen at 2l/m won't harm you in fact you'll feel better in the morning. if your daytime O2 is 89-91 range than supplemental oxygen is probably a great idea.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 119 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,021 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,172 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 512 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 539 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.