Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry red skin due to full face mask
Dry red skin due to full face mask
Hello, I would first like to thank everyone that helped me in the past. I finally found the right setting for my machine and had 0 AHI last night Big Grin Thanks might be a glitch but here is the screenshot.

[Image: CsbpfIK.png]

I had problems with leaks so I have the face mask snug now but not too tight. I was wondering if anyone here applies something to their face before putting on the mask to help with the redness and dry skin? I have tried face lotion but this seems to create leaks. Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry red skin due to full face mask
Mask liners should help if you are having a reaction to the silicon of the mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Use facial moisturizer during the day, but wash it off before putting on your mask.
Also, as PoolQ stated, mask liners would help. It would help with leaks and be a good barrier between mask and skin.

BTY, Like the Yellow Happy Face 0.0
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It will depend on your skin type, but you may also need a moisturizer or cleanser that helps with exfoliation.

I just switched to a nasal pillows mask, but I used a nasal mask for 4+ months before that, and I needed exfoliation for the area where the mask touched my skin to keep it in good shape.

Some ingredients to look for in products are retinol, alpha-hydroxy acid, or glycolic acid. You can also do mechanical exfoliation with a device like the Neutrogena Wave.

I don't know why a washcloth isn't sufficient for exfoliating my skin, but it's not.

I didn't notice what was going on with my skin until about 3 months in.
Post Reply Post Reply
You guys are awesome! Thank you for your suggestions! I didn't even know they made liners for full face masks. I ordered some and should be here in a couple of days. I did use some of my wife's exfoliating cream and that seemed to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi filo4u,
Welcome to the forum!! Welcome

I am also a FFM user - mine is the F&P Simplus, which I like very much.

There was a thread back in 2014 that addressed a similar issue:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t=red+ring

Someone in this thread suggested a cortisone ointment. I tried this and it did alleviate the issue for me as well. The ointment is used during the day, not under the mask. Hope this is useful info.

Good luck on your PAP journey.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 102 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 530 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,614 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 703 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 402 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 596 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.