Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Machine - Something feels off. but is it?
RE: New Machine - Something feels off. but is it?
First full night with the new mask setting.
I can confirm it went very well.  Still low AHI and Leaks but I didn't get that suffocating feeling on inhaling anymore.

I think Resmed underestimated how much air some of us could pull through the p10  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
So glad things feel good to you. If Sleeprider or Bonjour swing by again, they can confirm that there's no harm in your using this setting for your mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
It might be interestng to see a new chart. Your last one showd a tidal volume of 560 and minute vent of 9 L/min. That's pretty close to where I'm at, however I'm using higher pressure and pressure support. I still use the Pillows setting. What size cushion are you using?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the night before with the settings I used to fall asleep then the changed settings using mask setting as nasal.
Both using the same Airfit P10
Both are cropped to show just my sleep session, not the testing and futzing stuff before.

How much of this is subjective vs real, who knows?  But I was able to take some deep inhales when settling in without feeling like I was working against the machine and actually decided I wanted a small ramp pressure change, which the first night I could not tolerate at all.

Also, I actually started 2 hours earlier.  I just noticed I muffed the time set on the machine by 2 hours and have fixed. 
I think I looked at it when setting up and assumed it was right and coming from the cellular network.  NOT.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I feel like each brand has their own method of calculating AHI. And each brand has different methods of attacking apnea events. So... I agree with you that there are probably some inherent inconsistencies that shouldn't be compared in an apples to apples sort of way.

The important thing is to get this particular machine dialed in to what you need.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 289 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,162 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Waking up worse despite multiple changes, life feels awful davigalindo 10 957 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question AHI down from 68 to 0.69 on my first night? Something feels off. nisegami 4 630 08-10-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] New to CPAP and struggling - feels like my breathing gets "cut off" by the machine andrewb 14 2,901 02-02-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: princejmy
  It feels like the CPAP is trying to make me breathe too fast RealityShifter 9 6,193 10-30-2022, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.