Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Machine and a Request
New Machine and a Request
Background:

I have been using a Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet for a few years.

From day 1, I have had a lot of questions.  The thing is I asked my doctor (and the in-house team who sold me the machine) many questions, but it *feels* like they won't admit that they don't know the answer.  So I come here to post the question but have always found the answer before posting.

This forum has been very helpful.  Thanks!!!

Tomorrow I have an appointment to get a new machine.  I have only used one machine and can NOT imagine sleeping without it.  So I guess I will get the same one but want to check here first.  I plan to ask for another 'Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet with heated humidifier and data/cellular'.

Request:

When I get the new machine, I thought they would review the data in the current SD card to help me with the new settings.  But I was told today they will just use the settings from my current machine.

My current settings work (based on the fact that I sleep well), but they were cobbled together by me reading this forum.  The team I will see tomorrow originally gave me settings that did NOT work.  They told me to keep 'trying it' and 'I'll get used to it'.  If it weren't for this forum, I would not have used the machine and would have missed out on great sleep!  At this point, I am interested in getting feedback from this group.

If you have time, will you please check out the attached and let me know if you see any changes or have suggestions?

Thanks for your help (and thanks for help several years ago that resulted in great sleep)!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Machine and a Request
Personally, as a first effort, I would start looking to fine-tune your mask usage to cure the large leak issue that can cause erroneous readings. If necessary, you may wish to consider changing masks.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board,

Agreed, there's a leak issue that needs resolved first. Anything in that green lined leak chart that's above 24 is a larger leak where the PAP may no longer be able to support the therapy needs. After that is resolved we can see if settings need optimized.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This would not be the optimized settings but start with min=7 max=20 EPR on full time EPR=3
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Attached is my most recent data.  It is better than the prior attachment but still frequently above 24.  I am including it just in case the better leak rates allow more ideas.

I have an appointment to get a new machine today, and armed with your info I will also get a different type of mask.  Additionally, I will start with the suggested settings.

Between the updated settings and a new mask, when I see lower leak rates, I'll re-post.

Thanks for the replies.  I appreciate everyone's help!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The main thing I see is mask leak. You have around 2 1/2 hour where the leak is so high you cannnot get therapy. All of the gray area is where your pressures are not working at all with the leaks. It “looks like” it may be when your mouth is open and air is blasting out. You need to find out why the leak and get rid of it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
With settings of 12 to 13, EPR 1, you are getting very good results. I think the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is working very well at these settings, which provide a narrow range of pressure and is apparently allowing you to get good sleep. I would suggest trying EPR at 2 to see if that improves the flow limit and slows the pressure changes a bit. You are using my favorite mask, the Resmed Airfit P10, but you get quite a bit of leak from your mouth at night. This is probably the most disruptive aspect to your therapy. I don't think the leaks actually interfere with therapy at this level, but if you can resolve it with something to encourage your jaw to stay closed, it may be better. You have certainly seen people on the forum using chinstraps and soft cervical collars. With chinstraps, we look for a vertical pull rather than one that pulls the jaw at a rearward angle, and soft collars are all about a comfortable fit that supports the jaw. Either one might be worth trying. With your current good results and satisfactory sleep quality, nothing drastic is needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2021, 01:08 PM)staceyburke Wrote: You need to find out why the leak and get rid of it.

Will do and thanks!

I plan to get a different type of mask today.  I will see a doctor, nurse, sleep-clinic technician, and a DME rep.  Hopefully one of them can help with the leak.

When I achieve better results, I will re-post.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at the ResMed F30 and F30I both are full face masks but much less mask area so less leaks. I tried several ffm but none seemed to work until this one. I am a side sleeper and I would get large leaks with about all excrpt these 2. Masks are VERY individual so these may not work for you but take a look at them at your supplier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,388 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Tomkk - Therapy Advice Request Tomkk 7 183 04-07-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help request... zsearcher 26 1,431 03-28-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: zsearcher
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 183 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 223 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Exclaimation OSCAR: OSCAR Beta Tester Request Crimson Nape 1 743 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,168 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.