Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Machine from a friend
New Machine from a friend
Hello everyone, new to this forum (and forums in general) so I apologize if I could have found this info by searching better.

A little background. I have been using a Remstar CPAP plus for the last 8 years with the pressure set to 7. I never followed up with anything but having the machine checked out, mostly because nobody told me that I should. A few months ago my doctor told me he wanted me to see a pulmonologist to check up on my apnea. I thought this made sense, but in doing a little research I discovered that my machine not having any data collection meant that the appointment would be rather unproductive. I was complaining about this to a friend when they told me that they had an S9 Autoset that had hardly been used (less than 300 hours) and that they knew they never would use, and would I like to buy it for super cheap. I knew from my research that this was a top of the line machine, so I looked into whether I felt comfortable setting it up myself. I decided I did, and now have been using it successfully for a couple of weeks.

The one problem I've run into is in the data collection. My friend having used it so sparingly, I thought I could parse the data and have something useful for the pulmonologist, but somehow the data that was previously recorded is all over the calendar. Some previous dates, some coming up in the near future, some a year out into the future. I'm getting much more info than I ever had before (obviously) and the daily tab in Sleepyhead is very useful. I'm just wondering if I can do anything to get rid of the data that isn't mine. I also had two days (consecutive days, so maybe one glitch) where the data was obviously wrong (224 hours one day/1.5 the next for two normal nights sleep). Maybe that's due to some previous data for that calendar day, I didn't notice it ahead of time.

So things are going well with the new machine, but I would appreciate any help with the glitchy data and previous data screwing up my averages. Thanks for the wonderfully helpful site.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Machine from a friend
Welcome

You will want to erase the data so your data isn't mixed up with your friend's data. From the clinician's menu, go to configuration and erase data. You may also want to request the clinician's manual from the board. Use the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top of the page.

Edit: I'm sure you already know this, but to get into the clinician's menu, hold down the button with the check marks and the knob for 3 seconds.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
What about a clean install of SleepyHead? Isn't that where you're seeing the screwy data?
Post Reply Post Reply
Erase all the old data then reset the time and date. Mine was off and I couldn't go backward because there was data for that date already. I have also got some strange figures but for the most part you will be able to see what is going on.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zoli,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
CONGRATULATIONS! on your new machine and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Zoli. Good luck with you machine and treatment. If it really acts up, you might try powering down, and then restarting it. All my IT guys tell me to do it to my computer... it may also work with the intelligent CPAPs.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with oscar data for a friend airwaystent 0 180 02-20-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: airwaystent
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,130 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Asking for a friend...or a random person on FB David Clark 3 395 05-24-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Could someone please interpret this sleep study for a family friend JamesD0079 4 585 04-06-2023, 06:35 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,787 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Help for a friend Fliction 2 560 04-16-2022, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Fliction

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.